Top 5 Scholarships You Can Apply For

Arzoo Sultani, OwlFeed Journalist

Obviously, everyone knows that scholarships are available to help students with their education. But does anyone know the best scholarships to apply for and how to get full-ride for college? 

Here are the best five scholarships that help you pay for college when your bank account is empty. 

1. Dorrance Scholarship Program

The Dorrance Scholarship Program is one of the best scholarships for first-generation students. This scholarship provides economic and financial support for students who live in Arizona. Students have to have at least a 3.0 GPA and 1110 SAT or 21 ACT score.

According to the Silver Belt, “This program affords students with financial need the opportunity to study at a university, study for a semester  abroad, and graduate with little to no debt,” said James Hensley, Executive Director of Dorrance Scholarship Programs at the Arizona Community Foundation.

This scholarship pays $12,000 every year that doesn’t need to be paid back.

1. Grants for college – Find free money for college | Sallie Mae

These scholarships are based on students’ families’ income. This helps students with educational expenses like room and board, tuition and textbooks. To apply for grants, students should complete the FAFSA and find out what financial aid the college offers. This helps students pay their expenses for college.

Scholarship-Winners-768x512
Photo Credit: Joye Law Firm

According to the U.S. News, “A lower-income student going to a private school should expect the university to be more expensive, but at the same time, most private schools can also offer more. Lower-income students will sometimes be deterred by the sticker price and they won’t even apply to college, when a lower-income student really could apply to those colleges and get a $70,000 grant to cover the cost,” James Kaster said, director of financial aid at Washington and Lee University in Virginia.

1. The Arizona Community Foundation 

The Arizona Community Foundation provides any kind of scholarships for two or four years of college. The application process starts in January each year, so don’t miss the chance just click here to apply for any scholarship you want,  Scholarship Opportunities – Arizona Community Foundation. ACF has all kinds of scholarships with different ranges of money. Check the list of scholarships to see the amount that it pays for college.

1. Questbridge

Questbridge is another scholarship that helps outstanding students who have low-income obtain acceptance for a full four year scholarship. This is an opportunity for families who earn less than $65,000 a year. This scholarship helps students study out-of-state and pays $60,000 a year. The application is available in early February. So apply if you want to go out of state for studying.    

1. BURGER KING Scholars : Scholarship Application

This scholarship gives an amazing opportunity for students to attend college. Students can get $1,000 to $50,000. This process is for those students who have a low income but a high GPA. For 2020-2021, the application begins in October. Students don’t have to be employed at the Burger King restaurant to get a scholarship. So be ready to apply and make the career you wish for. 

Getting scholarships is beneficial for those students who want to go to college but have no money. Some people just borrow from the bank and to pay back it takes several years or sometimes their entire life because college is too expensive. But if students want to go to college without borrowing money from someone, they should apply for scholarships and get free years of college.

To get a scholarship, you must follow the instructions of the application. Make sure the application is neat and easy to understand. 

Students should apply as soon as possible to win a scholarship and make the career you wish for.