Photo credit: Isabella Myrmel
Aaron Esquer

New to the high school environment, Aaron Esquer’s first year here at Agua Fria is quite an experience and a huge change for this freshman. From being online in middle school to now finally learning...

72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
    61 °
    62 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
    72 °
    75 °
    78 °
    80 °
    82 °
    83 °
    84 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
79°/ 54°
85°/ 60°
90°/ 65°
92°/ 67°
89°/ 67°
88°/ 66°

Insidious: Is it as Good as we Think?

https%3A%2F%2Fdailyutahchronicle.com%2F2023%2F07%2F10%2Fnside-insidious-the-red-door%2F
https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2023/07/10/nside-insidious-the-red-door/

Filmed in Atlanta, the newest Insidious: The Red Door, finally came out July 7th of 2023. As the fifth sequel to the first Insidious movie, I must say I’m a little upset about it. Although the others were good, this one did not meet my expectations. All the others were a lot scarier and made you wonder more about what was about to happen. Even with a good storyline and some scary moments, the movie overall got a low rating of three stars or less on most website reviews. 

When I went to look at some reviews online, I found that many of the ones that I go to read reviews have low ratings. Some of my favorites such as Reviews: Insidious: The Red Door – IMDb and Insidious: The Red Door – Rotten Tomatoes both didn’t give very good reviews. For rotten tomatoes, when I looked at the reviews the other day, I saw that overall Insidious got a 2.5 star rating out of 5. When looking at the polls I saw most people have between 1-3 stars total. If asked, I would probably give 3 stars. On IMBd the movie got many reviews and they were not so pleasant. Most reviews were kind of the same as the ones on Rotten Tomatoes but the one that really stood out was the one that said the concept was creepy but overall disappointing and a “dead end for the franchise.” I get what they mean by that and after this movie I don’t think they should keep going with the Insidious movies.

https://www.fangoria.com/original/insidious-the-red-doors-final-trailer-is-crawling-up-your-leg/

I personally think that the movie could’ve had a bit more of frightening parts and those frightening parts should’ve not been used  in the advertisement. I feel like the movie also could have gone more in depth into “the further ” and a bit more into the father’s and son’s experience with “the further ” when they were younger and before they got their memory altered to forget about their past experiences. I contacted my aunt who I went to see the movie with and asked her what she thought about it and she gave me a bit of a mixed review. She said that she liked it and would recommend it to fans of Insidious but she also said the same thing as me about how the creator should’ve gotten a little deeper about the past with the father and son, including the divorce and what caused it to happen.“ I think more of the backstory would definitely be good for this movie”, after stating this she commented the movie would’ve been way better if it was longer and had more details. So, if I were to recommend a good scary movie for you, after watching it myself and reading others reviews, I personally wouldn’t suggest the latest Insidious.