73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    80 °
    82 °
    84 °
    86 °
    87 °
    87 °
    87 °
    86 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
88°/ 66°
89°/ 68°
90°/ 68°
81°/ 64°
84°/ 60°
87°/ 62°

The Band Of Owls Take Flight!

Photo Credit: Damien Short

So far the marching band has had a decent amount of seasons throughout the years. But this one season is going to leave a mark for other Marching bands to not look down on any band no matter the size. Now with this season, we have had a slow start teaching all the freshmen and rookies that have joined our band this year with all of them making very quick progress throughout the beginning of the season. Then soon ended the season with another phenomenal performance to finally close out their season.

Agua Fria Home Competition

Now with the Season officially underway the AFHS marching band had the opportunity to host one of the first competitions of the season with around 12 bands all over Arizona attending the competition. The students had to arrive around 10 am to make sure everything was prepared for the bands that would soon perform and for the spectators coming to watch. Once every band has finished performing the band of Owls is getting prepared for the band’s final performance of the night ready to put on an outstanding performance for the crowd. Now with the band putting on an amazing performance they soon begin to get a standing ovation from the crowd to finally close out just the beginning of the band’s season.

Preparing for Youngker 

Now with the band getting a feeling of what it’s like to perform in front of a crowd, they begin to put maximum effort into their practice time spending countless hours after school weekly to perfect their show and fix any mistakes they made and hopefully keep the process going getting better every day of the week. With the students making use of every second of the season they get, they make improvements constantly proving to their staff that they are prepared for their first competitions where they will officially get scored making sure all of those drops of sweat, tears, and anything else don’t go to waste.

Owls Storm Youngker Competition

Soon with the band arriving at AFHS for their call time, they get everything ready start loading the trailer, and get into uniform. With the band arriving at Youngker, they begin to focus on their show preparing themselves for their performance being one of the last bands to perform for the competition. Then with the time for awards finally being here each band is called while the captions for Auxiliary, Percussion, Music, Visual, etc. the owls finally hear their name taking 1st Place at their first competition with a score of 71.200 also taking the music, visual, and percussion caption all at their first competition being ranked 2nd in the state with a great placement for their season so so far,

Photo Credit: Damien Short

51 targets at Agua Fria

Now that the owls finished their first competition their back to fixing small mistakes they made throughout the past weeks and learning new visuals, perfecting them with the music that’s connected to these motions. But now the band knows they must push beyond their limits for now they realize they have a target on their back. Appearing out of nowhere and placing 2nd in state therefore each band in Arizona will aim to beat them no matter what. So with each staff member talking to their designated section encouraging them to push farther because there will be no going back and no stops only moving forward. With only two competitions left at Buckeye Union High School and Championships being held at Hamilton High School. The season is almost at its end.

Owls arrive at Buckeye 

Now with the buckeye competitions here, the ending placement of these competitions will lead to the time the band will perform. Now the last time they were here last year it was a good season but it ended shortly after with the current performers they didn’t want the past to repeat itself. But the band soon ended the competition with a placement of 4th out of 9 with a score of 64.525 giving them a decent placement and hopefully a chance to redeem themselves at championships.

The Owl’s Final Performance 

Finally, championships have arrived now with a total of 27 marching bands being at Hamilton High School they prepare for their final performance of the season listening to the final comments our staff will give us for the season. Making sure no matter how the band performs they end this season with joy because of the tremendous amount of effort they’ve put in the past months to show other schools that Agua Fria needs to be recognized and not underestimated at all. Now every thought and every second of practice goes into this final performance and soon now that the band ends their last performance they get off the field with joy and sweat of all the hard work they’ve put in. Now once the time for awards has come every band has to do a full retreat. A full retreat is where every performer gets back in uniform and all the bands stand on that 1 football field they performed on. Now with the band of owls being on, the placements go down slowly by digits and soon they are called placing 12th in the state with a score of 73.325 setting a new school record for the highest score in any AZMBA competition. 

Upcoming winter sports

Now with the fall season over, upcoming winter sports like winter percussion and winter guard are looking for more members. We encourage others to join if you enjoy creating music or want to learn how to use a color guard flag. Each one of these sports gives an amazing experience of their own. So if you consider joining one of these please contact Jeremy Garcia and he will tell you all about it and give you the information to go to auditions or just check it out.