Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

81 °
    83 °
    86 °
    87 °
    88 °
    88 °
    88 °
    86 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    82 °
89°/ 68°
90°/ 68°
81°/ 64°
83°/ 59°
88°/ 63°
90°/ 65°

Perfect Pets for the Perfect Owners

Credit%3A+Flickr.com
Credit: Flickr.com

Pets are complicated creatures to take in and make sure they live a good life. As much as some people have a negative opinion of a certain group of animals being taken in by humans. There is no doubt there will always be that one small group of people who will take in strange animals that other people would not even consider being 10 feet or closer to them. Owning a pet is expensive, “An average U.S. pet owner will spend $1,480 a year on their dog” (finmasters.com). Not only money is spent on owning a pet, but also time, patience, and effort. Some people tend to not have free time, others lack patience, and others will not put in the effort necessary. Some people do not have the responsibility necessary to own a pet. However, some people do.

Some people have more money than needed, and some people have the time, and patience, and are willing to put in the effort. Not to just own several dogs, several cats, hamsters, and so on, but to also own a pet that may require more than that. In different parts of the United States, it is legal to own tigers, monkeys, llamas, and even bears as pets! Even though it is controversial to own these animals,  Kangaroo is perfectly legal to own in Arizona and Oklahoma. However, Kangaroos are not legal pets in California (Findlaw.com). Many other pets require permits, Florida requires permits for Binturongs and alligators. It is not just the effort put into owning a pet, but it also has to be legal.

Credit: pixexid.com

Most primates live up to 20 to 40 years. Decades of diapers, specific diets, aggressive behaviors, isolation, and physical and psychological damage to both the baby monkeys, and their mothers (primaterescue.org). These are the most common claims people make against pet monkeys. However, isn’t that the same thing we do to dogs? In most cases, we take them away from their mothers, isolate them from their species, and physically and psychologically damage them due to their now, domesticated behavior. Dogs are cute and man’s best friend. That’s because we changed them to be like us. Yes, they are still animals and have some habits that their ancestors did. However, they are still living inside houses, eating the food we provide them, and getting vaccinated. We should be able to do the same with foxes right? This is because overall, we are currently doing so.