78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
    61 °
    62 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
    72 °
    75 °
    78 °
    80 °
    82 °
    83 °
    84 °
79°/ 54°
85°/ 60°
90°/ 65°
92°/ 67°
89°/ 67°
88°/ 66°

R.I.P Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers
Luigi Novi, CC BY 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Luigi Novil
Carl Weathers Luigi Novi, CC BY 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

The famous actor Carl Weathers was born on January 14, 1948, in New Orleans, Louisiana. As an eighth grader, he earned an athletic scholarship at St Augustine High School, a private high school. He was a huge athletic man who got into boxing, football, soccer, wrestling, judo, and gymnastics. He graduated from Long Beach Poly High School in 1966 and played football. He later became an actor in famous movies and roles in the 80s and 90s and slowly died down to voice roles or barely any movies. 

Carl Weathers sadly passed away on February 1st, 2024, but his death was very peacefully in his sleep. This left a hole in many people’s hearts, including the actors who worked alongside him. The first person who was deeply sad by this news was Sylvester Stallone, who worked alongside Carl during the Rocky movies. Rocky is about a boxer who eventually tries to build up a career with his trainer Apollo Creed. Carl Weathers played Apollo Creed meaning Sylvester Stallone who played Rocky Balboa, hanging out a lot on set. It also helps that they created such a bond during the 4 movies that Carl Weathers was in, since Apollo Creed the character died after a boxing match. After Carl Weathers’s passing, Sylvester made a video on his Instagram @officialslystallone stating “Carl Weathers was such an integral part of my life, my success, everything about, I give everything about it”. He even pointed out that he saw greatness in him, but not how great cause nobody could see as great as he was. 

Another legend who worked alongside Carl Weathers is The Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Carl and Arnold ended up working together on the movie Predator, a movie where a soldier is sent to save politicians but stumbles upon a creature beyond humanity. The most iconic scene from the movie is when Dutch played by Arnold handshakes his long-time friend Dillion played by Carl while flexing both their muscles. Carl and Arnold fought alongside each other to go against the predator, which back in the 80s was the most iconic thing that most friends could do. Arnold states on his Instagram: @schwarzenegger “Carl Weathers will always be a legend. An extraordinary athlete, a fantastic actor, and a great person. We couldn’t have made Predator without him”. It’s good to see an excellent bond that Carl Weathers always has when working with other actors. 

Rocky Balboa Statue In Philadelphia Zakarie Faibis, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

Carl Weathers didn’t just do aggressive type movies, he eventually ended up in the movie Happy Gilmore alongside Adam Sandler. He was Chubbs Peterson where he teaches Happy Gilmore played by Adam Sandler to play golf. Adam Sandler also had a true connection with him, he and his wife would always get along with Carl every time they saw him. In a way to honor him, Adam Sandler posted on his Instagram: @adamsandler “A true great man. Great dad. Great actor. Great athlete. So much to be around always. Smart as hell. Loyal as hell. Funny as hell. Loved his sons more than anything.”. 

Carl Weathers made a big impact on people’s lives, he made people enjoy working on set since acting is not an easy job. He became an iconic star, with 2 important movie roles he was very iconic towards the 80s and 90s. From what his friends or coworkers have said about him, he must be a nice guy, and it is hard to hate him. If he is a nice worker, then by far he is a great dad, his son had the greatest dad to grow up with. Even though Carl Weathers was not in a lot of movies in the 2000s, he must have used his old times to be with his family. He was a hero to his family and he was a hero on screen and that’s what made him an amazing person. Rest in Peace Carl Weathers you will always be missed.