77 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
    61 °
    62 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
    72 °
    75 °
    78 °
    80 °
    82 °
    83 °
79°/ 54°
85°/ 60°
90°/ 66°
91°/ 67°
88°/ 67°
89°/ 67°

Nicolas Cage Horror Icon

Witchblue
Nicolas Cage Walk of Fame Witchblue, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Nicolas Cage was born on January 7th, 1964 in Long Beach, California, where he had the full name Nicolas Kim Coppola. Nicolas Cage is an actor who mostly based his career on action films from the 90s and 2000s. He became very popular, cause his face was everywhere and he made it big in movies, like Ghost Rider. His most popular movie became The Croods where he voiced the person named Greg. He had an issue with money, where his net worth went to $150 million after National Treasure. He ended up spending his money in the dumbest ways possible, a home for $25,000,000 million, a holiday home for $15,000,000, an apartment for $8,500,000, and a private island for $3,000,000, etc.

After all his action movies he ended up switching his go-to genre, horror where he got involved in horror movies and horror projects. This is most likely due to the concern that his investments with his money went bad and he decided to get involved in any project no matter the script. He played Willy’s Wonderland main character, called the Janitor where he is a silent man taking down animatronics. The budget was very low, but Nicolas Cage was willing to accept it, even though his script had nothing written since the main character was a silent person. They spent $5,000,000 as the budget and only earned $460,000 at the box office. 

He started his career with the movie Mandy, where he plays a character named Red and hangs out with his girlfriend Miller. They hang out as outsiders from the Pacific Northwest in 1983, and their pine-scented haven gets destroyed by a cult led by Jeremiah Sand. It’s up to Red to retrieve his girlfriend/ wife, they never specified. After Mandy he ended up doing more horror movies as his acting career continued. It only got worse, since most of the horror movies he was in not everyone knew about them. 

Nicolas Cage nicolas genin, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

If it involves horror, then Nicolas Cage would possibly be involved in it, not just horror movies. He joined the game Dead by Daylight on July 25th, 2023 where he became the first official actor to be involved with Dead by Daylight. The game has been out for years, but actors try not to get involved since they would have to die in gruesome ways and no one wants to see that in their career. Nicolas Cage however is different, he wouldn’t mind joining the horror genre if it meant he got paid for it. During his character introduction in Summer Game Fest, he stated that he enjoyed how Sadako looked in the game, which made him enjoy it. Sadako is the girl in a white dress who blocks her face with her hair and crawls out of the TV. 

Now with a recent career being a horror instead of an action-style him, it’s no surprise that he may or may not make it big. There is a possible chance for one of his horror movies to make it big again, but he’s choosing low-budget films, which have a high chance of failing instead of making it big. He has played in many movies that ultimately are always low-budget and that always give off desperation, since he’s doing so many movies with little to no breaks. He did however make a breakthrough and could potentially be back on his feet, thanks to Spider-Man Noir. Nicolas Cage voiced Spider-Man Noir in Into the Spider-Verse, but ultimately he could be accepted into doing a live-action version of Spider-Man Noir. For now, it’s too soon and we don’t know if he can do Spider-Man or if he will continue his horror style.