Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

Sam Rowles

As the class of 2026 enter Agua Fria, new personalities and people come into our campus. Many of these freshmen came into our Journalism class and made our class fun and thrilling. One person specifically...

66 °
    65 °
    65 °
    64 °
    64 °
    66 °
    67 °
    68 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    73 °
    72 °
    72 °
    71 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    64 °
    62 °
    60 °
February 26
73°/ 64°
February 27
70°/ 57°
February 28
68°/ 57°
February 29
71°/ 56°
March 1
75°/ 57°
March 2
67°/ 55°

Meet your Student Body President Gerry Miranda!

By: Esli Soto Vega – OwlFeed

Follow me on Twitter @OwlFeed_Esli

IMG_6385Ever since he joined student council his freshmen year, Gerry Miranda dreamed of becoming Agua Fria’s student body president. To his surprise, this dream has become a brilliant reality, and he simply could not be more excited for the 2015-2016 school year.

As president, Miranda is expected to “make sure everything in the council runs smoothly, and to keep the council running smoothly.”

Naturally, keeping everyone happily productive is not an easy task. “One of the hardest part of being in STUCO is making sure everyone is doing something at all times so they don’t slack off,” Miranda said.

Although it is difficult to work with about 35 other student leaders, Miranda claims his team works very effectively together, and that the product of their work is always something worthwhile.

Ideally Miranda, as president, “plans on getting the student body’s ideas and putting them in action. A lot of times STUCO only does what STUCO thinks is best, but it’s time for them to put to action what the student body thinks is best.”

“If people want it, STUCO will try to get it,” he said.

As a result of using student ideas, Miranda hopes to make the school campus a more enjoyable place to be and hopefully encourage more student participation at games, club events and of course, spirit weeks.

Overall, Miranda is really proud to of this school and “loves” that he gets to represent the student body. So please, do not hesitate to stop by and talk to him about any ideas or even concerns you have. He is always accessible at the pep rallies, by the speakers during lunch time, and on Twitter or Instagram.

And in the words of your student body president don’t forget to #BeAnOwl! “To be an Owl means to have pride in everything you do and represent your school in the best way,” Miranda said.