Sam Rowles

As the class of 2026 enter Agua Fria, new personalities and people come into our campus. Many of these freshmen came into our Journalism class and made our class fun and thrilling. One person specifically...

75 °
    77 °
    80 °
    82 °
    84 °
    86 °
    87 °
    87 °
    87 °
    86 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
88°/ 66°
89°/ 68°
90°/ 68°
81°/ 64°
84°/ 60°
87°/ 62°

Let’s Get Candy!!!

Photo credit: Leo

October may be over but let’s talk about our recaps!!! Many events take place in other schools that were due to Halloween, but Agua Fria’s event was astonishing and there are not enough words to describe it at all, so let’s go over parts of Trunk or Treat and Monster Mash. Monday, October 30th, Agua Fria High School had the chance to once again host our Halloween events consisting of food trunks, activities, a haunted house, and everyone’s favorite, candy!

Many good things were brought during this event, people who were in clubs got to decorate their cars head over to the student parking lot, and give out candy. A lot of families and a lot of our well-known teachers also came with their families to enjoy the Halloween spirit. So, why should more people volunteer? This is a great opportunity for people who are not able to go anywhere on Halloween night, to still have the chance to get candy and be a part of Agua Frias’ community. It all starts with our amazing STUCO coming on and collaborating with different clubs to make it all spark, as people moved on through the whole campus there were some amazing people with the best energy hosting and promoting their stands with their activities, such as pumpkin painting, slime making, portraits, bracelet making and even more!!!

Trunk or Treat all started by having all the school clubs assigned a number, decorated cars, and a lot of candy, Agua Fria’s clubs made it stand out on the night before Halloween. This was the event people looked forward to, being able to satisfy your sweet tooth with some Halloween trick-or-treating time, even a way to pass time, so don’t be afraid to bring your friends and family to upcoming events that will soon be talked about. 

Going to each car and putting your bag out ready to be given candy, and clubs made an unforgettable experience for the school and kids of Agua Fria. Going around the event, an Agua fria student, Adamari Salas says that she was “excited on seeing how cars were being decorated”, and continued to talk about how people were talking about the event days before it even happened, how amazing is that? Pretty amazing!!! I asked Adamari what was her point of view on how this event could help people come together, and her response was memorable for me, “Agua fría staff and students put in the effort to make these events happen, attending is a way to show your appreciation back towards them. Being supportive is the way to go!”, a lot of people have overall agreed with her and have said to make the school a better environment, showing up is the solution. This was the event people looked forward to, being able to satisfy your sweet tooth with some Halloween trick-or-treating time, even a way to pass time, so don’t be afraid to bring your friends and family to upcoming events that will soon be talked about.   

Photo Credit: Guy at trunk or treat

Monster Mash started at our courtyard which you could enter when going to the trunk or treating event, this all consisted of many fun activities previously mentioned as well as costume contests, pumpkin carving contests, a haunted house, face paint, food trucks, and even more games. Many prizes were available and many prizes were given away, that’s right, given away! Throughout the night there were calls for participants to be able to win sweets like pastries, the fun part about this was that even if you didn’t have money to pay for tickets, it was still fun to participate in events where money wasn’t needed. A lot of people had different opinions about this event but it all depending on the person and their point of view. Most of the people that were there mentioned that it was exciting and fun to be part of such a big event that brings the spooky spirit to all!!! So let’s focus on some of them, a student of Agua Fria and part of NHS, Isabella Fuentes “loved how welcoming the entrance of the trunk or treat was! The only thing I saw that needed improvement was the organization of the haunted house ticket booth, the lines would get mixed up. I got confused but I still was able to purchase a ticket and I had a lot of fun going through the Haunted House” as we can see comments that give pros and cons with improvement needs that help our school become a better place overall.

Agua Fria High School is a place of community where people should all be included in the amazing events our students and staff work for, next time stop by, you could be part of something huge!!!

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Zoe Perez
Zoe Perez, Opinion Editor
If there's a person who you want to talk to about colleges and academics, then Zoe Perez is the right person for you! Interviewing and writing about Zoe Perez was an honor because of how straightforward and educated her answers were.  Zoe is a 15-year-old sophomore and she will be the Opinion Editor, Media Editor, Opinion Columnist, and Treasurer for this second year of her journalism journey. Last year, she was only an opinion writer. June 22, 2008, is her birthday meaning she has the zodiac sign of cancer.  She is the type of person who is going to be honest with you even if it means telling you what you may be doing wrong, despite that she describes herself as a very social person, she says “I am the type of person who is social and would come up to you to ask for your Instagram if I see you from afar and decide that if you seem friendly.”  She mentioned that she enjoys talking and giving advice about colleges, medical schools, or how to write an article while also wanting to help those students who need help with any classes in between Honors to AP. Zoe spoke about wanting to live in Washington D.C. after high school because Washington has the best medical school that she could think of. She says “ What motivates me to work hard is myself because I believe that even though taking Honors and AP classes may be hard, It will all be worth it when I become a radiologist, technician, or an Anesthesiologist”. Zoe Perez has an understanding of what she wants to be doing with her life. Zoe is very passionate about writing which brought her to be in journalism. She stated that she loved to inform people about what was going on, seeing different opinions, while giving people a fast and easy answer. Her love for journalism has brought her to meet new people and to be more active in the community when writing stories. She touched upon her interests like reading, writing, and psychology. Her favorite series book to read is called “A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” where she describes the story as a girl who opens a close case and along the way finds something captivating. She remarked about why she enjoys the book saying.”It takes all the characters' points of view and I am amused by a good murder mystery book.”  Zoe introduced her love for psychology and said that she was from Trevor Browne High School and found out that Agua Fria had psychology as a class and so on went to this school now. She said, “I am obsessed with psychology and basically wrote most of my articles based on psychology, so I am technically an opinion editor with a psychology theme.” All of these circumstances in her life have brought her to be the person she is. So if you ever need a person to talk about academics, psychology, or even books then Zoe Perez is the person you’re going to be looking for!!!

• I

IsabellaNov 17, 2023 at 8:33 pm

Love the article!! I had so much fun at this school event. And I would like to thank Zoe for the interviewing me and allowing me to share my thoughts!

Reply