Photo credit: Grads Photography
Darryl Taylor

Darryl Alexander Taylor is one of the most athletic and smart people in Journalism that most people can relate to. He originally joined Journalism as another writing class like English because he loves...

86 °
    87 °
    88 °
    88 °
    88 °
    86 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    82 °
    84 °
    86 °
89°/ 68°
90°/ 68°
81°/ 64°
83°/ 59°
88°/ 63°
90°/ 65°

Watching: Ironbark Lookout

Credit: Athziri Ortiz

Fears to Fathom has released a new game called “ Ironbark Lookout “. The story is what the fans are looking forward to. The gaming community was very excited to see one more episode coming out! This information came out on October 20, 2023. This new episode has the spookiness that fans have been looking forward to. 

The story has the main character called “Jack Nelson” who is a 24-year-old and has been hired to be in an outpost so you can tell this one is going to be scary with a forest involved. Steam has mentioned a mini introduction to this story, “Jack Nelson, a 24-year-old fire lookout, transferred to a new outpost. As he settled into his new home, he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off, little did he know what was transpiring down in Ironbark State Park”. Rayll has been making quite an exciting series full of scary features so having this introduction can make the viewer/player expect a spooky adventure and shocking suspense. 

Rayll, the creator of Fears to Fathom, had released a trailer for this episode. The YouTube trailer made by Rayll shows a wonderful look at what environment the player will be living in and gives us a sneak peak at the end on what we are going to expect. There are parts where it shows that we can talk to the NPCs to pass the time when wandering upon a restaurant. The video made it seem like a chill mood and having the dream of relaxing at an outpost but with the ending, it all falls down when we see a couple of masked characters near a bonfire, looking like they’re up with mischief. 

Credit: Deviantart.com

A commenting/review website has given viewers what to look forward to and with people talking about their experiences on this game. Features that the website has mentioned for Ironbark Lookout, are “Atmospheric environment and photo-realistic graphics, VHS film aesthetic, receive texts from NPCs, and player voice activity”. Most of these have been used before in Rally’s last games. 

With the comments mentioned below on this site, many have said great things about this episode! One says, “This game had me stressing at some points, but I enjoyed it!” and “What another amazing entry to this series. Loved the Firewatch vibes. The scars were there, and the immersive atmosphere. My fave moment was when a human man moved by a motorhome by walking into it.” While scrolling through I came across a negative comment, “This is just a more expensive ripoff of Night Watch, with an even worse ending. The weakest episode in the series by far.” Many can have their own opinion for this game and this comment section shows it. 

The new episode made by Rayll has been making the fans look forward to more. The story was fascinating to see and the gameplay was certainly active. If you ever want to review this game for yourself, then go look for yourself and form your own opinion!