Sam Rowles

As the class of 2026 enter Agua Fria, new personalities and people come into our campus. Many of these freshmen came into our Journalism class and made our class fun and thrilling. One person specifically...

81 °
    83 °
    86 °
    87 °
    88 °
    88 °
    88 °
    86 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    82 °
89°/ 68°
90°/ 68°
81°/ 64°
83°/ 59°
88°/ 63°
90°/ 65°

IVY League Colleges

Credit%3A+commons.wikimedia.org
Credit: commons.wikimedia.org

Ivy League colleges are the colleges anyone hopes to get into. The eight institutions are Columbia University, Princeton University, Brown University, Cornell University, Harvard University, Dartmouth College, Yale University, and the University of Pennsylvania. All of these colleges are equally very challenging to get into, one must be a great scholar and committed to working hard.

The two universities Princeton and Columbia are both Ivy League colleges but which is better? Which would you choose?

Princeton University is located in Princeton, New Jersey, United States, this institute is a private Ivy League research university. Princeton is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and is ranked #1 out of 439 National Universities. Princeton is very difficult to get into with an acceptance rate of 4.4% and also costs an excessive amount of money with a graduation rate of 98%. The environment of Princeton is located in a community of approximately 30,000 residents and is a suburban area.

Gabriella, a student at Princeton states, “Princeton has a beautiful campus! The students are friendly and hardworking” (appily.com). One’s learning environment needs to bring comfort and enjoyment while walking to their classes, also knowing your peers are not as scary as they may seem on the outside. Yes, it does take much hard work to get accepted into these prestigious colleges just like anything you want in life. But it’s not all labor, “there are field trips to various places like NY, malls, shows..etc” (appily.com). It’s key to understand that everyone needs a break. It may help with reduced anxiety levels and mental health.

Credit: commons.wikimedia.org

Furthermore, Columbia University is located on 116th and Broadway, New York, NY 10027, The institution is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) to offer Bachelor of Fine Arts and associate degree programs in cinematography, visual effects, and graphic design as well as interactive media. Columbia University is ranked #6 by US News & World Report. The Times Higher Education places Columbia University at #11 among other top global universities for the year 2023. Compared to Princeton University, Columbia’s acceptance rate is less at 4.1%, this institution does cost far more than Princeton and has a graduation rate of 95%. Morningside Heights is one of the safest neighborhoods in New York. All of the University-owned buildings are managed and operated by campus employees and the University takes special measures to provide safety, comfort, and a secure living environment for all residents. 

“One of the standout aspects of Columbia University’s graduate schools is the exceptional faculty. The professors are not only experts in their fields but also passionate about teaching and mentoring students” (niche.com). This is a principle for the learning industry and is very important to the students. When one has a mentor who’s not only good at what they do but also loves doing it, this will benefit both students and professors by making the students more open with their thoughts and questions making them most likely to succeed in life.

To conclude with the importance of both Ivy League Colleges and interesting facts which one did you choose?