86 °
    87 °
    88 °
    88 °
    88 °
    86 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    82 °
    84 °
    86 °
89°/ 68°
90°/ 68°
81°/ 64°
83°/ 59°
88°/ 63°
90°/ 65°

Let’s Wrapp It Up

Credit: Aaliyah Villela

The wait is finally over, the moment everyone has been anticipating for months, Spotify Wrapped is finally here! A way to end the year, be able to see how much your taste changes in just 12 months and see how addicted some of us are to our favorite music, or should I say what artist we are addicted to. Being able to see how much time we’ve dedicated in one year to our obsession with music.

Some background info about Spotify Wrapp, it was launched in 2016 which from a marketing aspect was a great decision to draw in more customers. Not to mention it had pushed other platforms to create their version of the Wrapp, essentially making Spotify a trendsetter. That’s not all, Spotify has continuously given us more and more every year when it comes to the Wrapp. Constantly updating it and making it more personal and interactive for the listeners each year. This year they statistics for the artists to see their monthly listener data and general audience, along with adding videos from artists saying thanks and telling fans how much they appreciate them for listening.

With over 574 million users on Spotify, there are over 574 million unique Spotify Wrapps. Showing users their favorite artists and songs throughout the years and even revealing some people’s guilty pleasures too. Music is personal for everyone and can reveal a lot about a person. It tends to be a much bigger part of people’s lives than one might think, being able to show how people use music to cope and help with mental health. For some being able to pop on headphones is all a person needs to be in a better mood, while for others it’s listening to music and processing what’s going on in their lives. That is what has become the most interesting part of the Wrapp, with everyone sharing and posting their Wrapps it has become a focal point in wrapping up the year. 

It’s an interesting concept when you think about it, being able to see every high and low throughout your year by just looking at your music. While also being able to reminisce on old memories that a certain song would bring up. Then others spent their entire year curating a perfect Spotify Wrapp to post on socials. Spotify Wrapped has changed our society when it comes to music streaming platforms and deciding if it was a change for better or for worse, well that’s up to you.