101 °
    98 °
    97 °
    95 °
    93 °
    92 °
    91 °
    90 °
    89 °
    87 °
    86 °
    86 °
    87 °
    89 °
    91 °
    93 °
    95 °
    98 °
    100 °
    102 °
    103 °
    104 °
    104 °
    103 °
    102 °
July 26
105°/ 82°
July 27
105°/ 85°
July 28
103°/ 84°
July 29
104°/ 88°
July 30
106°/ 87°
July 31
107°/ 87°

Boys Soccer: Agua Fria Vs Bradshaw Mountain

Photo Credit: @afhsboyssoccer

With the owls ending their football season, AguaFria is more than prepared and ready to start their soccer season. Soccer can be aggressive when it comes to playing, but the sport itself can be tense and competitive. The Agua Fria boys soccer team had their first game on the day December 4th, 2023. They were playing against Bradshaw Mountain, and our team received lots of support from parents, siblings, staff, and even students from Agua Fria. During the game, there was a lot of tension and players were competitive on the field during the game.

I did get to interview some people while the game was actively playing and asked them why they were here, and who they were supporting out in the field. Ireana, sister of Julius Aceves, #6 on the team, was there to support her brother. “It may be cold but me and my family are still going to watch my brother play and support him while he is on the field.” Ireana came with her mom, her sisters, uncles, aunts, and cousins. They even made a poster for her brother to support him and cheer him on.

I also had the opportunity to talk to one of the Agua Fria soccer players, Daniel Elzy. I did ask a couple of questions about the game and his thoughts on his first game. I asked what is something they could’ve done to have that victory. “ I feel like we could’ve performed better.” Said Elzy, “We played well but we made some mistakes on our end”. I also got to ask him about our crowd and how the team felt about the crowd being supportive. “We did have a decent crowd, our whole team was excited about it.” For players it is very important to have a good crowd, this way gets the team more motivated to play out there on the field. One last question I asked Daniel was what are some good things to do when it comes to playing against another team, Elzy said not to come in too cocky and not trying to put other players down, and to play fairly. 

With this being the first game of the season, all of the Agua Fria boys were trying their hardest and pushing themselves to do the best that they could, even knowing that they could lose. Unfortunately, in the end, they were not able to pull out a win. It is the first game of the season though, and there are going to be many more opportunities and possibilities to win in the future.