Sam Rowles

As the class of 2026 enter Agua Fria, new personalities and people come into our campus. Many of these freshmen came into our Journalism class and made our class fun and thrilling. One person specifically...

95 °
    97 °
    99 °
    100 °
    102 °
    104 °
    104 °
    102 °
    100 °
    99 °
    97 °
    93 °
    91 °
    89 °
    87 °
    86 °
    85 °
    85 °
    84 °
    84 °
    84 °
    84 °
    86 °
    88 °
    90 °
June 23
106°/ 88°
June 24
106°/ 83°
June 25
107°/ 86°
June 26
107°/ 86°
June 27
106°/ 87°
June 28
105°/ 82°

Ted Cruz presidential candidate from Texas

By: Alan Agundez Castillo

Follow me @OwlFeedAlan

Ted Cruz is one person that might be potentially the Republican nominee for president. He has a strong support system campaign wise. Using his religious background, Cruz had been able to get conservatives on board with his campaign.

After his recent win of Iowa during this year’s primary, he is now a force not to be messed with.

Cruz’s Views on Education

Cruz wants to abolish the Department Of Education from the United States. Cruz also believes that children have the right to have quality education no matter if it is public school, charter school or private school.

He wants to cut out the racial preference for college admissions. He hasn’t said anything about making college free, yet.

Also, he wants to thank parents that homeschool their children. “Thank you for the financial commitment you give by not being in the paid workplace, the commitment of time, the commitment of energy, the commitment of passion for your kids,” he said the HomeSchool Iowa Conference in 2014 “I’d like to speak on behalf of your children to say thank you.”

Cruz also wants the local government to control the education besides a Common Core program.

Cruz’s Views on Immigration

Cruz believes that illegal immigrants are an economic calamity for low-wage Americans. In other words, he thinks that they are bad for low-income families.

He supports Kate’s Law, which says that if an illegal immigrants is deported and then comes back to the U.S., they will have to face a 5-year prison sentence.

Also, he believes that the path for legal immigrants to gain citizenship is unfair.

Cruz’s Views on Drugs

Cruz doesn’t have that many ideas concerning drugs. He pretty much wants to see what happens in Colorado before he makes any decisions that have to do with marijuana.

He disagrees with states legalizing marijuana, but it is the state’s choice, not the federal government’s.

Cruz’s Views on Civil Rights

Cruz says that he wants people to stop suing companies for unequal pay.  He also believes that the same-sex ruling on gay marriage undermines the Constitution.  

He supported defining marriage as between one man and one woman and strongly opposes same-sex marriage.

However, when asked about if one of his children were gay, he would love them unconditionally.