Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

61 °
    59 °
    58 °
    56 °
    55 °
    56 °
    57 °
    59 °
    62 °
    65 °
    68 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    69 °
    68 °
79°/ 55°
85°/ 60°
90°/ 65°
91°/ 66°
86°/ 67°
85°/ 63°

The Ability of Dead by Daylight 9-1

Note: This is all based on the Author’s opinion
Photo Credit: David Reynaga

9- The Nemesis: Nemesis is a decent killer, but what makes him annoying to survivors is zombies. If you are against a Nemesis he has a side ability where zombies can tier him up to a stronger weapon. His weapon is a tentacle and it works the same as his basic attack, except the more hits the stronger it gets. In tier 1 it works like a simple attack in tier 3 it can break pallets causing fewer chances for the survivors. The only counter is just don’t drop pallets cause Nemeis always expects you to drop pallets.

8- The Cenobite: Pinhead is a very hard killer to master, but his ability is something that just changes all aspects of the game. When going against a Pinhead, he spawns the puzzle box where if you solve it you avoid the chain madness. If you don’t solve it in time chain madness is where all survivors get attacked by chains and they get lowed down and need to remove the chains if they get hit by them. If a survivor solves it the chain madness timer resets, and if chain madness happens, if a survivor picks up the box they avoid chain madness while others still suffer from it. This is good cause it makes survivors constantly do things throughout the game meaning there is a 2nd objective that survivors must do. He also can teleport to the box, while it is being solved which is another good effect.

7-The Good Guy: Chucky is one of the best killers cause he can do so much when it comes to his Hidey-Ho ability. Hidey-Ho puts him in stealth mode where he can crawl under pallets, jump through windows, or dash. Hidey-ho stays on for any under pallets or jumping through windows, but goes on cooldown after dashing. He’s very high on the list because of the stealth mode, he can easily sneak up on anyone for a long time. He does chuckle a bit, and survivors can hear him, but it’s a very rare thing and when you do hear it you won’t have enough time to run. His dash is avoidable but just like the other dashes, he screams when he comes at you but can curve better than most dash killers. Also, there’s a side ability where you can see fake doll footsteps, which shows the survivors that you’re in stealth, but that’s much it.

6- The Demogorgon: Demogorgon is one of the best killers to go against and his power is just fun as well. He can summon portals that lead him to the upside-down world and can send him to other portals as well. His first portal is invisible, but the other ones can be visible to the survivors meaning they can close any portal that he places down. This does waste a lot of the survivor’s time and will essentially lead the survivor to scream if he’s going through the portal causing the close portal progress to reset. He also has a dash attack where when he dashes it’s like a wide spread of his arms and can attack them even if they turn.

5- The Oni: Oni’s ability is one where after he gains it once, the game can end depending on the skill of the player. If a survivor is injured blood bubbles form and the Oni can consume them while they are still injured. Oni can go into his power where can dash and instant down people if he manages to hit them. Even without a dash of being hit by his baton, you can still get instant down, meaning you have to avoid a raging bull for like a minute. The only way to avoid him is just not to be inured which is already hard enough, or when he charges at you, turn and face the wall on the edge, since his turning is not good, but still very hard to avoid him especially when he can instant down even in his first power.

Photo Credit: David Reynaga
4-The Legion: Legion is one of the easiest killers to master, but he is very annoying to go against since he is that easy. Legion can go into Frenzy causing him to be fast, jump through windows, slide over pallets, and quickly travel across the map for other survivors. If he hits the survivor during a frenzy the survivor suffers from injuring and mending which is like bleeding out and can see the heartbeats of all survivors. The reason why his ability changes the game entirely is that the Frenzy timer is short, meaning survivors can be injured the entire time. Chases can last way short since it takes only one hit to down the survivor, and if a survivor chooses the heal they wasting their time and not progressing the game. Healing is a waste of time against Legion since he can just injure you again and if he hits all 4 survivors during Frenzy he can instant down while in Frenzy. Hitting a survivor resets his frenzy timer giving him enough time to go for others, but missed hits, hitting the same survivor, or time running out causes him to get out of the Frenzy.

3-The Knight: Knight is one of my worst killers to go against just the fact that his ability is way too strong. He can send in guards after people, which works as a second killer that is chasing you. If the guard manages to hit you then he fades away, but the worst thing about that is now the knight can one-shot you at any time. The reason why he’s overpowered is that The Knight can corner you and the guard can chase you meaning you can go down within the first few seconds of a chase. He can also send guards to break gens, walls, and pallets, meaning The Knight doesn’t do anything himself but relies too much on the guards, meaning he can just do 2 things at once causing the chances of survivors by a lot, especially in guard chases.

2- The Spirit: Spirit is one of the crazy survivors who can make a fake self of her stand there, but secretly she is invisible against the survivors. This is called phasing where she can not see survivors but can hear them louder while in phase, and for survivors you can hear her whisper but it’s not as loud as the killer’s perspective. Survivors find it hard to hear her meaning she can basically just sneak up out of nowhere and just hit you. She is also very fast while in phase mode causing her to be as productive as possible and be more distributive to the survivor as possible. The only counter to her is just to hear closely, but the volume is very low, so you have to give yourself Tinnitus to avoid her, which I don’t recommend

1-The Nurse: The Nurse is one of the most overpowered killers and just overall changes every aspect of the game entirely. She has an ability called blink where she can go through anything in her path while teleporting aka blinking. In her first blink, she can go as far as she can through the entire map avoiding all obstacles in her path even the ground floor if she blinks through the basement. Her second blink is just in case she needs to get closer to the survivors, if she holds her blink long enough she gets out of blink mode if she is in her second blink. This can just entirely avoid all chances for the survivor chases can last less time than usual chases with other killers. The only way you can avoid her is just to make your movement less predictable like if you’re running away and she’s holding her blink run straight to her, so she essentially blinked far while you went to the other side of her. The only issue is that the killer can still predict as soon as you move and she has no indicator when she is about to blink only that she’s holding the blinks still.