Photo credit: Ms. Fowler

Introverted, Gamer, and Lazy. These are three words David Reynaga used to describe himself. Coming from Los Angeles, California, 16 year old David is now a junior who has just recently arrived at Agua...

Photo credit: Grads Photography
Darryl Taylor

Darryl Alexander Taylor is one of the most athletic and smart people in Journalism that most people can relate to. He originally joined Journalism as another writing class like English because he loves...

79 °
    82 °
    85 °
    88 °
    90 °
    93 °
    94 °
    97 °
    98 °
    99 °
    99 °
    97 °
    93 °
    90 °
    88 °
    86 °
    83 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    75 °
    73 °
    74 °
    77 °
    81 °
100°/ 71°
102°/ 72°
June 1
101°/ 72°
June 2
101°/ 72°
June 3
101°/ 71°
June 4
103°/ 72°

Lana Del Rey’s Grammy Put Down and the Debate on Industry Integrity

Photo credit: @austinmcbroom

The Grammy Awards is one of the most prestigious honors in the music industry, usually stirring up excitement and anticipation among both the fans and artists. However, after this past Grammy Award show, there is some talk on whether or not the Grammys are rigged.

Lana Del Rey, an icon in modern pop culture, is an incredible singer who has been making waves in the music scene. She’s got this mesmerizing voice and her lyrics are just so beautiful. But the dilemma is, that she hasn’t won a Grammy yet, and a lot of people are pretty upset about it. They’re questioning whether the awards might be rigged. Like, how can someone as talented as Lana not be recognized by the Grammys?

Her fans are seriously dedicated, and they were totally shocked when Lana didn’t win, especially because she’s been nominated multiple times. The biggest surprise for everyone was when her song “A&W” didn’t win Song of the Year even though it had more than over 20 million streams and was and still is ranked the #1 song of 2023. They took to social media to express their disbelief and frustration when this occurred. Some fans even think there’s some kind of bias going on behind the scenes. They’re saying that maybe the Grammy voters have personal or political preferences that are influencing their decisions.

But not everyone agrees. Critics have different opinions on this whole Grammy controversy. Some think that Lana’s music, with its introspective themes and unique style, just doesn’t fit the mainstream tastes that the Grammy voters usually go for. They believe that her lack of wins might be more about a disconnect between her artistic vision and the commercialized nature of the music industry.

Lana Del Rey herself has addressed the Grammy situation in interviews and through her music. She acknowledges the disappointment of not winning, but she’s staying true to her artistry regardless of awards. And honestly, that’s what makes her so special. She’s not defined by recognition, but by the impact she’s had on her fans and the cultural landscape.

While it’s disappointing that Lana hasn’t won a Grammy yet, her music speaks for itself. She’s got this unbelievable talent and a dedicated fan base that loves her. Awards or not, Lana Del Rey is making a lasting impact in the music industry.