56 °
    55 °
    56 °
    57 °
    59 °
    62 °
    65 °
    68 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    69 °
    68 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
79°/ 54°
85°/ 60°
90°/ 66°
91°/ 67°
89°/ 67°
89°/ 66°

Ariana Grande Comes Back

Ariana Grande
Credit: Flickr.com
Ariana Grande Credit: Flickr.com

January 12th was an exciting day in the music industry. We had many people dropping new music like Kali Uches, Jhene Aiko, 21 Savage and so many more, but more importantly, we had a queen drop some new music… Ariana Grande! Ariana has been an icon in the music industry since 2011 in the hit TV show ‘Victorious’. Taking a step back from acting, Ariana dropped her very first album ‘Yours Truly’. Her dropping this first album changed the game in 2013 getting put on the top billboard 100, being placed on 84th. She had many features on her very first album including Big Sean, Mac Miller, MIKA and so many more. 

In 2018 Ariana went on her Thank u Next tour creating a huge amount of revenue for her album Thank u Next. Ariana went on to drop 6 more albums. Yours Truly, My Everything, Dangerous Women, Sweetener,  Thank u next. Her last album was released. Positions, dropped in 2021 having a tracklist of 19. She had 4 features including Megan the stallion, Doja Cat, Ty Dolla $ign, and The Weekend. With Positions, Ariana won 2 Grammys for her last album as well as a bunch of awards and was nominated for lots of features. 

After her tour and releasing Positions, Ariana went ghost with the music side of her career. She had gotten married and focused a lot on her marriage as well as other things she loved. She went super into her makeup brand, REM Beauty. She introduced so many new products in the 3 years she wasn’t doing music. She also used her time to be in the hit musical, Wicked. A lot of her time was spent filming for the new movie. 

Finally, on February 12, 2024, Ariana Grande announced and dropped her new single, Yes, and?. After 4 years of no music being released from Ariana, the announcement was game-changing in the music industry. All of the arianators were all over social media like TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter. Ariana has been super active on her social media platforms after announcing the release of her new song. She was on TikTok commenting, reposting, and putting TikTok on Instagram. Fans were making lots of tiktoks talking about how excited they were for dropping the song. 

Once Ariana dropped the song there was a lot of controversy behind the song. A lot of people weren’t expecting the song to be what it was and it’s something she hasn’t released before. The song, if you haven’t listened to it, is more of a pop super upbeat song. A lot of people were claiming it reminded them of a clothing store song, something you would hear in places like Zara or H&M. There were a lot of people who did like the song though. A lot of people said it was something completely new, something she hadn’t made before. Some people thought because of the new style and beat, had a lot of influence because of her time on the set of Wicked. Wicked is a musical type of movie so people think the reason for the switch up is because of that. Regardless of people’s feedback, Ariana got a lot of support from this first single being dropped. On top of giving us a song, she also gave us a music video. Been out for 2 weeks already and has 33 Million views on YouTube alone. 

Finally, in regards to Ariana Grande and her music, she announced she is dropping her 7th album, Eternal Sunshine! This is huge news for both her as well as the music industry. There are a lot of predictions regarding the album being album of the year, but we have yet to find out. She drops her album on March 7th, 2024. Once she drops her album you can have your opinions on what you think personally!