Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

Sam Rowles

As the class of 2026 enter Agua Fria, new personalities and people come into our campus. Many of these freshmen came into our Journalism class and made our class fun and thrilling. One person specifically...

105 °
    107 °
    108 °
    108 °
    106 °
    104 °
    101 °
    98 °
    95 °
    93 °
    91 °
    91 °
    90 °
    89 °
    88 °
    87 °
    88 °
    90 °
    92 °
    95 °
    97 °
    100 °
    103 °
    105 °
    107 °
July 17
109°/ 85°
July 18
109°/ 86°
July 19
111°/ 87°
July 20
111°/ 87°
July 21
108°/ 88°
July 22
107°/ 85°

The Tragedy of Wales

The Royal Navy
The Princess of Wales meets the ship’s company of HMS Glasgow at Windsor Castle today (29/09/2022).HMS Glasgow will be the first Type 26 frigate to be built for the United Kingdom.ROYAL NAVY sailors from HMS Glasgow travelled to Windsor Castle on 29 September for their first meeting with the ship’s sponsor, Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales.The state-of-the-art Type 26 frigate is currently under construction at BAE Systems’ shipyard in Govan, Glasgow. To date, fifteen sailors have joined the vessel, the first contingent of the eventual complement of 161 Royal Navy personnel.The crew were invited to Windsor where they met with The Princess of Wales for the first time since her appointment as HMS Glasgow’s ship’s sponsor was announced in June last year. The Royal Navy, OGL 3, via Wikimedia Commons

On March 22, 2024, the world went into a state of shock, with a video of Kate Middleton addressing the public that she had been diagnosed with cancer. This caused a wave of shock of questions and concern from the people around the world wondering if she would be okay or not. She had brought some relief when in her announcement she had stated she was undergoing chemotherapy treatment.

All this first had started with a simple photo that had been altered causing an uproar in the public. The Princess had been seen for quite some time and her first public appearance and people beginning to wonder why she had been missing from the public eye for so long. People began to speculate that maybe there could be some issues between her and William, rumors of separation and a potential mistress had begun to circle the internet. With the public pushing for answers, Kate had to address she had an invasive abdominal surgery at the beginning of January, where it was believed that her condition was to be non-cancerous. Once it was discovered the Prince and Princess had decided to try and stay out of the public eye as much as possible to deal with her health privately. They wanted to do this only for their personal sake but also for the sake of their children who are only between the ages of 6-10 years old. There has not been much information released on the topic but what we do know is that throughout this tough time, Kate has been able to remain positive and certain she can recover from this with the help of her medical team and the support of her family. 

With this news of our beloved Princess of Wales dealing with a life-threatening sickness, it has reminded people of loved Princess Diana who passed away almost 27 years ago. The public had already had to mourn the loss of one princess and the mere thought of losing another one is too much for some of the public to handle. Diana was not only the country’s sweetheart but had become loved by the world. Making everyone she meets fall in love with the kind-hearted woman she is. This is not the first time an incident has happened to the subject who holds the title of Princess of  Wales. With Kate following in her footsteps many hope she doesn’t go down the same path as Diana did and is the one who is spared. 

There is only so much the public can do to show support in this tough time for the Princess. The royal family has shown their strength with their response to the situation especially now with this being the second royal to have announced they have been diagnosed with cancer. Just a few months prior it was announced that King Carles was diagnosed with cancer causing a series of articles to be released on his just health and state. A situation like this would be a hard time for anyone, but with the royals being in the public eye I can not imagine the stress this must put on them. However, the royals being the calm and collective individuals they are handling it beautifully. In these tough times, the last thing anyone would want would be the public snooping around in their business. As hypocritical as it is to say, as this is another article being written about their situation, it is news and the public is allowed to distribute information that has already been released to the world.  All we can do is send our best wishes to the family and hope for a fast recovery for our beloved princess and future queen.