Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

Photo credit: Ms. Fowler

Introverted, Gamer, and Lazy. These are three words David Reynaga used to describe himself. Coming from Los Angeles, California, 16 year old David is now a junior who has just recently arrived at Agua...

108 °
    108 °
    106 °
    104 °
    101 °
    98 °
    95 °
    93 °
    91 °
    91 °
    90 °
    89 °
    88 °
    87 °
    88 °
    90 °
    92 °
    95 °
    97 °
    100 °
    103 °
    105 °
    107 °
    108 °
    108 °
July 17
108°/ 85°
July 18
110°/ 88°
July 19
111°/ 87°
July 20
111°/ 87°
July 21
107°/ 87°
July 22
106°/ 86°

Cola Clash: Epic battle between Coke and Pepsi

M0tty
Coca Cola CanM0tty, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons

We all ask many questions in life but some can be answered and some cannot. “What is the meaning of life?”, “What is our purpose?” and “Did I leave the stove on?”. Although these are great and wonderful questions that we all ponder, I believe life’s greatest question is “Which is better, Coke or Pepsi?”. 

Coca-Cola was invented in Atlanta, Georgia in 1886 by a doctor named John Pemberton and ever since then it has become an American icon that has become instantly recognizable all around the world. It’s tasty, bubbly, and refreshing; you just could never go wrong with a refreshing Coke! Now it is time to introduce the opponent, Pepsi-Cola. Pepsi-Cola was started in 1893 by a man named Caleb Bradham, who was also a doctor. Like Pemberton, he started mixing concoctions in his pharmacy store. Until he made a special mixture and started selling it to the market. The drink at the time was called “Brad’s Drink” but was later changed to Pepsi cola soon after it hit the market. It quickly became successful and became a lifetime competitor to Coca-Cola. 

To figure out the question on which soda is better I recently had a friend run a poll on social media to answer the question. The final score was with a total of 18 people voting for Pepsi Cola. And 25 people voted for Coca-Cola. Which makes Coca-Cola the most desired soda out of the pair. Which to be honest is not surprising to me. Even though our school does not offer Coca-Cola products at our school sadly, people still love it, and clearly so. But that doesn’t mean that Pepsi is not that liked. Many students here at Agua love Pepsi and some I would say are even addicted to it. However, studies show that one of the reasons why people choose Coke over Pepsi is because of the branding. 

A Retro logo for the Pepsi promotionARMcgrath, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

To be honest, who cares what drinks are better? They are both great selections of drinks on any occasion. For the students here at Agua Fria I think most people can say that Coca-Cola is the best soda.They might say that Pepsi is the superior drink who knows? But if you wanna do this fun experiment you just need a few things. You need the Sodas, and your lab rats, which could be your friends and just give them the drinks and just have a good time!