Photo credit: Mushroom Ritchie
Mushroom Ritchie

Mushroom Ritchie, a 15 year old sophomore in high school who has a love for drawing, video games, and anime. Her favorite thing to draw is animals, and mostly plays Roblox, Minecraft, and Omori. Some of...

Photo credit: Grads Photography
Darryl Taylor

Darryl Alexander Taylor is one of the most athletic and smart people in Journalism that most people can relate to. He originally joined Journalism as another writing class like English because he loves...

107 °
    108 °
    108 °
    106 °
    104 °
    101 °
    98 °
    95 °
    93 °
    91 °
    91 °
    90 °
    89 °
    88 °
    87 °
    88 °
    90 °
    92 °
    95 °
    97 °
    100 °
    103 °
    105 °
    107 °
    108 °
July 17
109°/ 85°
July 18
109°/ 86°
July 19
111°/ 87°
July 20
111°/ 87°
July 21
108°/ 88°
July 22
107°/ 85°

Jimmy Palacios: One of A Kind Soul

Caden
Jimmy at the senior field trip

Here at Agua Fria High School, we have tons of unique students and so much to learn about them. You know that friend that you can tell anything to? That friend that is always going to be on your side and be able to give you advice? Many have had the privilege to be around him including myself. Jimmy Palacios is that person. He is funny, relatable, and overall a genuine person. He will tell you things how they are, caring for you every step of the way and making sure you are completely okay. Over this past year, I got to know Jimmy and his traits and also what he has to say about situations.

Jimmy when he was small skating Credit: Jimmy’s Mom

Born and raised in Arizona and moved around a lot, Washington was one of the places he lived in when he was very very young. “I miss it A LOT,” Jimmy says, “ it was cold and breathtaking and just overall so beautiful.” Even though he misses it a lot he made a great life here in Arizona. After knowing Jimmy for a while, telling him about situations has been refreshing and everyone needs that type of person. The one that’s going to be there and not only that he will make sure you don’t feel uncomfortable while talking. He has a one-of-a-kind mindset, a well-spoken insightful person. After asking him a series of questions I got to learn more about him. After high school, Jimmy would like to study mechanics but one of the things that was really cool to me is if he wants to learn how to build a car properly. That’s not something you see every day, having the knowledge to know how to build a car and WANTING to learn more about it is fascinating. 

During the first 2 years of high school he struggled a lot, COVID-19 made nothing fun and everything was off, a lot of people went through depression there were a lot of situations that were overcome but thankful that it got better for Jimmy! His taking FBLA in his sophomore year was really fun because “after being alone for a long time during the endemic, you get to know a lot of people”, he says. FBLA stands for “Future Business Leaders of America”, Jimmy being a part of a program is already a huge accomplishment. Another one of the things that were one of my biggest accomplishments was winning senior Assassin, “It was a lot of fun”. Senior assassin is played like water tag and everyone gets a water gun and has different targets and overall you end up getting a huge prize at the end. 

Jimmy as a kid at the beach Credit: Jimmy’s Mom

More on the personal side, Jimmy is an overall amazing person, he helps with problems even if he isn’t the best of it and sees something in everyone. Someone you want to be around, getting to know him has been an amazing experience of how it can be when you have someone who truly knows and cares about you, therefore if you are looking for someone to understand who you are, inside and out. Talk to Jimmy and who knows maybe you will grow closer together than you ever thought possible.