Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

Photo credit: Grads Photography
Darryl Taylor

Darryl Alexander Taylor is one of the most athletic and smart people in Journalism that most people can relate to. He originally joined Journalism as another writing class like English because he loves...

105 °
    107 °
    108 °
    108 °
    106 °
    104 °
    101 °
    98 °
    95 °
    93 °
    91 °
    91 °
    90 °
    89 °
    88 °
    87 °
    88 °
    90 °
    92 °
    95 °
    97 °
    100 °
    103 °
    105 °
    107 °
July 17
109°/ 85°
July 18
109°/ 86°
July 19
111°/ 87°
July 20
111°/ 87°
July 21
108°/ 88°
July 22
107°/ 85°

Gabriel Torres

Gabriel Torres
Gabriel With Graduation Gown and Cap

With the 2024 school year coming to an end, it means our seniors are going to be leaving and starting their careers. A senior that I talked to was Gabriel Torres. When I first started talking to Gabriel I had asked him about his high school experience and how it was for him. Gabriel said, “At the beginning of the year it was good, but with transferring three times it got harder meeting new people.”

Gabriel with grad gown

Starting Gabriel’s freshmen year he was at Peoria High School. He said that he was nervous beginning of high school because it was a new experience. But getting more comfortable in his freshman year he met a lot of amazing people and always had fun, one of his favorite memories is playing against teachers in his P.E. classes. Through his freshman year, COVID had hit so he had to get used to doing online classes, he didn’t enjoy that too much his freshman year. 

By the time Gabriel’s sophomore year came around he was starting at a new school Trevor G. Browne. Transferring to another school was hard for Gabriel, especially meeting new people but even though he had a hard time he still managed to have fun and go to some football games, which he enjoyed very much. Even though Gabriel didn’t enjoy his sophomore year that much he still made it a year he won’t forget. 

By Gabriel’s junior year, he started going to Agua Fria, the school he will be graduating from. 

Gabriel enjoyed his junior year. Gabriel had a good junior year being put in classes like building and film made him enjoy it, and on top of that making new friends. Gabriel won 1st place in his film class for having the best picture, during this time of the year he got more into photography; it’s something he enjoys doing in his free time. 

Now while still being at Agua Fria for his senior year I asked him a couple of questions. Starting with how he feels about graduation, Gabriel said that “ He feels scared and excited about the future”. He feels sad about leaving high school behind and starting a new chapter in his life. He’s sad to leave behind the memories he has made throughout high school. But he is excited about what the future may hold for him. Gabriel’s plan after he graduates is to go to Grand Canyon University or to go to a trade school for welding. I asked him what made him want to do welding and he said “It looks fun.”

Outfit picture of Gabriel (Gabriel Torres)

During Gabriel’s senior year, he met James. I talked to James and asked him some questions. I asked him how they met and he said they met through work. He had seen how social Gabriel was with the other co-workers at work so James decided to talk to him. Since James and Gabriel had become friends he said that he realized Gabriel didn’t want to stand out, he rather fit in with a group. What James wants to say to Gabriel after he graduates High School is “ to not put yourself in any embarrassing situations and to suck it up’’. Even though I have only known Gabriel for a short amount of time I would like to say that I am proud of him because he is a hard-working person and he deserves this recognition.

When talking with Gabriel I asked him one last question. I asked him who was he most appreciative of during high school. He said he’s most appreciative of his teachers who have helped him throughout his school years. So when looking for help always remember that your teachers are there for you and will help you.

Now with Gabriel’s last days coming to an end at Agua Fria. He would like to give some advice to the grades below and the incoming freshman. His advice is “ to make sure to be on time and get the credit for your class and to do your work”. Also to appreciate your teachers for helping you throughout high school. Gabriel will be missed around school but we are all wishing him the best in what he does.