Photo credit: Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

Here at Agua Fria, there are many types of students with so much to say. But rather than focusing on one person, let’s focus on first-year student Gavin Sanchez. As a fellow Agua Fria High School...

108 °
    108 °
    106 °
    104 °
    101 °
    98 °
    95 °
    93 °
    91 °
    91 °
    90 °
    89 °
    88 °
    87 °
    88 °
    90 °
    92 °
    95 °
    97 °
    100 °
    103 °
    105 °
    107 °
    108 °
    108 °
July 17
108°/ 85°
July 18
110°/ 88°
July 19
111°/ 87°
July 20
111°/ 87°
July 21
107°/ 87°
July 22
106°/ 86°

Best of the Best :Jaden Best

Jaden Best
Jaden with someone wearing a mask

As the years close out earlier for some rather than others Jaden Lux Best prepares for her next steps exiting high school. Jaden began attending Agua Fria her freshman year right before covid 19 in August 2020. Best is an excellent example of a scholar. Best had one of the highest scores on the ACT among 8 previous Juniors selected for their overall ACT superiority. Best scored a 26! When asked Jaden said she is happy that she scored well but still believes she could’ve done better.

Jaden best at school

Once she graduates, Best plans on attending Estrella Community College to knock her prerequisite out of the way before attending a university. Jaden aspires to become a marine biologist and has been fascinated with ocean life for a long time. Best said that Science is usually her easiest subject however this year challenged her. Jaden says “AP Bio is not for the weak!”

Jaden’s Favorite teacher as she leaves high school behind is Mrs. Torress Jaden Appretittes Mrs Torres because she is down to earth and overall pretty cool. The class Best enjoyed this year the most was Art she said there were a lot of different and cool projects/assignments this year. Jaden’s Favorite thing about high school or the most memorable she says was the friends she made along the way. Jaden says she has learned through various friendships how to discern between good relationships and bad. She said that you must pay attention to the bigger things in friendships rather than the little things. A small argument compared to repeated behavior is important to take into account when determining who your true friends are. Jaden says she enjoyed her sophomore year the most. She didn’t have as many friends as she does now, but she had a lot of fun and shared good times with others. 

Jaden close by C building upstairs

What makes Jaden laugh is different from others but this helps her get along with almost everyone. When asked if Jaden was an extrovert or introvert she said” I’m not sure I think it depends on who I’m with but I would say I am most likely an extrovert. Jaden has a boyfriend whom she spends a lot of time with Adrian. They met her Junior year and eventually after being friends for a while started dating 

Jaden is not just a part of Agua Fria but a key part and will be missed. She is an exceptional student, co-worker/employee, and friend. Truly one of the best of the best; Jaden Best