Are you Wildcat ready?

By:Ulysses Altamirano

Follow me:@OwlfeedUlysses

IMG_0825The University of Arizona was first founded in 1885. The first graduating class consisted of 3 people (1885) , one man and two women. U of A has more than 32,987 students (2016) today. Definitely surpassing the class of 1885.

U of A, located in Tucson, Ariz., is one of the most prestigious universities in Arizona. It has a 22:1 Student Faculty Ratio (SFR). U of A offers more than 168+ majors.,with as many as 600+ thriving communities of clubs and campus groups.

U of A Facts:

• U of A has an excellent honors program with more than 4,406 students.
  • More than 40% of undergraduates are of a diverse ethnic background.
  • 52% of males and 48% of females make up U of A.
  • 75% of first year freshmen live on campus.
  • There are 23 residence halls on campus.
  • #1 with school spirit home to the ZonaZoo, the largest and loudest cheering section.

Core High School Courses for Freshmen:

English Math Lab Science Foreign Language Social Studies Fine Arts/CTE
4yrs of English 4 yrs of Math 3 yrs of Lab Science 2 yrs of same language 2nd language 2 yrs of social studies (1 yr of American History) 1 yr of fine arts or 1 yr of career & technical education (CTE)

IMG_0824If you’re an Arizona resident, have completed the core academic requirements at a regionally accredited high school, and you are a top 25% of your class, you are assured admission to the University of Arizona.  *Official test scores must be submitted by ACT and or/ SAT and are required if you are applying for merit-based scholarships and or Honors review.

Comprehensive Review: GPA and test scores aren’t everything – they also look at the type of classes you are taking, community service, extracurricular activities, and your optional personal statement.

A complete application includes application fee ( $50 for Arizona resident and $75 for non-Arizona resident), high school transcripts, and test scores for Merit and Honors consideration.

APPLY:

Apply online 24/7 or print your own-arizona.edu/apply.  Last day to apply is May 1st.  IMG_0822

3-In-1 Application:

When you apply to the UA, you’ll be considered for:

1. Undergraduate Admissions.
  2. Merit-Based Scholarships
  3. The UA Honors College.

Feel free to email: [email protected] for any questions.