Photo credit: Ms. Fowler

Introverted, Gamer, and Lazy. These are three words David Reynaga used to describe himself. Coming from Los Angeles, California, 16 year old David is now a junior who has just recently arrived at Agua...

Photo credit: Isabella Myrmel
Aaron Esquer

New to the high school environment, Aaron Esquer’s first year here at Agua Fria is quite an experience and a huge change for this freshman. From being online in middle school to now finally learning...

62 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    76 °
    77 °
    77 °
    77 °
    76 °
    75 °
    69 °
    67 °
    65 °
    64 °
    63 °
    61 °
    60 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    57 °
78°/ 59°
78°/ 54°
Partly Cloudy
83°/ 59°
89°/ 65°
91°/ 66°
89°/ 66°

Meet Ronnie Covarrubias

By Antawn Salinas
Follow me @OwlFeedAntawn

Here in Journalism, we each had to interview one of our fellow classmates. We had to interview a person that we knew nothing about and never met. So, I interviewed Ronnie Covarrubias. So, we went under the library and I asked him 14 different questions that were about him, his life, and other things. I first asked him about some of the things that make him who he is.

What grade are you in? “I am a senior.”

Why did you join Journalism: “I thought it would be interesting, because I watch a lot of documentaries and I like to write.”

img_0293What are your interests? “ I like to skate, play basketball, and play PS3 sometimes. I’m also interested in reading and writing. Some my favorite music artists are Vince Staples, Isaiah Rashad, and the Wu-Tang Clan.”

What are the most significant moments in your life? “When I got my car, because I can go anywhere at anytime whenever I want. Also all of high school has been a big part of my life.”

What do you want to do after high school? “I’m going to community college, but I don’t know what I’m going to do after.”

Where were you born? “Right here in Avondale, Arizona.”

Than I asked him a few questions about what keeps him motivated on living his life:

What is your biggest fear? “Just living a simple life, because it’s uneventful and boring.”

Who in your life inspires you? “My parents, especially my dad who sacrificed a lot.”

What is your goal in life? “To live a happy life.”

Where are your parents from? “They are both from Guanajuato, Mexico. They mostly survived by farming.”

How was your childhood? “I was mostly influenced by my brother, and kinda grew up fast. Also, I didn’t really do that well in school.”

What school did you go to before coming to Agua Fria? “I went to Eliseo C. Felix.”

For journalism, what do you want to write about? “I want to write about news and my opinion, because news is really important and I like to share my opinion.”

How do you see yourself as a writer? “I feel like I’m a good writer, and I find writing really interesting.”