Photo credit: Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

Here at Agua Fria, there are many types of students with so much to say. But rather than focusing on one person, let’s focus on first-year student Gavin Sanchez. As a fellow Agua Fria High School...

Photo credit: Mushroom Ritchie
Mushroom Ritchie

Mushroom Ritchie, a 15 year old sophomore in high school who has a love for drawing, video games, and anime. Her favorite thing to draw is animals, and mostly plays Roblox, Minecraft, and Omori. Some of...

72 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    68 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    65 °
    64 °
    64 °
    63 °
    63 °
    62 °
    62 °
    61 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
    69 °
    70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    74 °
    74 °
February 24
73°/ 59°
Overcast
February 25
75°/ 61°
Partly Cloudy
February 26
72°/ 64°
February 27
69°/ 57°
February 28
67°/ 52°
February 29
72°/ 56°

Meet our multimedia journalist Aleah Blaszak

0727151609a-2 (1)

Hi, my name is Aleah Blaszak and I am a senior at Agua Fria High School, on track to graduate in the spring of 2016. When I started as a freshman at Agua Fria, I wanted to be involved right off the bat so I joined the cheer team and was a part of that until the end of my sophomore year. I enjoyed it in the beginning, but decided that I was ready to move on after four years of cheering.

My junior year, I joined student council and track. Student council was a nice way for me to get out of my shell, but ultimately track was where my heart was. I started out the season believing that 100-meter sprint was what I wanted to do but shortly after the season began I decided that I wanted to try out pole vaulting. Pole vaulting has become one of the most important things in my life, I work out every day and eat on a strict athletic diet; no McDonalds for me!

I work hard for what I have and I dont shy away from a challenge. After I graduate, I hope to go to the University of Washington in Bothell, Wash. I would like to get a degree in mechanical engineering and then move to New York for a couple years.

As far as journalism goes, I have no experience but I love to write. Sophomore year I had a teacher that sparked my love for it and since then I’ve had a passion for it. I believe that being a part of the Agua Fria journalism class is a great way for me to be involved in Agua Fria for my final year and I can’t wait to start writing for our OwlFeed page!