72 °
    75 °
    78 °
    80 °
    82 °
    84 °
    86 °
    88 °
    89 °
    89 °
    89 °
    87 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
90°/ 67°
89°/ 67°
93°/ 70°
93°/ 72°
90°/ 69°
82°/ 67°

Don’t Be Afraid to Voice Your Opinion in This Election

By: Alan Agundez Castillo
Former OwlFeed Writer

As of the writing of this article, there is one day until the presidential election.

Election-2016.pngNow, this election has brought in a whirlwind of emotions, thoughts, and for sure has brought a lot of “difficulties” from the two main parties of our political system. Not only that, it has made many Americans get involved with politics than ever before as we have two very different candidates with two very different perspectives for the future of America. But then, there are people that fall in between these candidates and don’t know who to vote for in the upcoming election.

That is where I come in!

I am proud to admit that I was a Bernie Sanders supporter before they nominated Hillary Clinton as the nominee for the Democratic Party. Now, everyone knows that Hillary and Donald Trump are running for president, but I really do not like either of them. Many Americans are in the situation that I am in (well I can’t exactly vote, but I will gladly say my opinion to anyone that wants to hear!), and don’t know who to vote for. There is the “Liar”, “The Orange”, Jill Stein, and of course the wonderful Gary Johnson.

To be honest, I would vote for Jill Stein without a doubt, she perfectly aligns with what I would want for the future of America, but if I don’t vote for Hillary, would there be a chance that I will be letting Donald Trump win, which I definitely don’t want.

If you have no idea who to vote for or who you support, go with the candidate that you align with the most and vote for them! Even though there might be a possibility of Trump or Hillary winning or losing by voting for someone else, at least you will be making an impact by showing people that there are more than two options and you don’t have to be a Democrat or Republican.

This election might be one of the most important, and probably most influential in American history, but never be afraid to voice your opinion even if it is against the norm.

Alan Agundez Castillo covered politics for OwlFeed last year. Follow him on Twitter @OwlFeedAlan