68 °
    66 °
    64 °
    63 °
    61 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    56 °
    57 °
    59 °
    62 °
    65 °
    68 °
    70 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
77°/ 59°
79°/ 54°
84°/ 60°
90°/ 65°
91°/ 66°
89°/ 67°

Dos and Don’ts of Driving

By: Kirsten Meyers
Follow me on Twitter! @Kirsten.Meyers6

I recently got my driver’s permit back in June; and if you would’ve told me that I would’ve had my driver’s license a year ago I would’ve look at you and told you were crazy.

Well, I’m here to tell you what to do and what not to do when you’re going to start driving and what you need to think about critically.

I’m now going to give you a mix of (mainly) Do’s and Don’ts.

driving-562613_1280-640x320Number 1. The most important thing to remember is to ALWAYS wear your seatbelt and make sure the passengers in your car are wearing seatbelts. You are responsible for all the passengers in your car. So make smart decisions when you are driving and do the right thing. WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS AT ALL TIMES!

Number 2. Make sure to put on your blinkers when you’re going to change lanes. I’ve noticed that people HERE in ARIZONA don’t know what a blinker is. It can be very frustrating when people don’t use their blinkers and just go in and cut someone off. ALWAYS look before you change lanes too. There’s nothing more irritating than having stupid people not look when they’re about to change lanes and wonder why they have angry drivers after them.

Number 3. Don’t use crude gestures. I know people can be rude but don’t let them get to you. Just take a 10 second count down or turn up some music and jam out when you’re driving. I’d rather people be safe and angry inside then go and scream at someone and give them the finger and get their car trashed or followed. It isn’t worth it at the end of the day. I speak from experience.

Number 4. If your parents are paying for your car insurance and gas money be thankful. Go and hug the life out of them (not literally). But, however, to the people who have to organize their insurance and gas money. If you have a job, props to you. You will be in good shape. But, If you drive home friends organize a gas money situation. What I usually do is make my friends give me 10 bucks for gas money if I drive them home or if you have a regular routine with a friend make them pay every 2 weeks for $20.

Finally, Number 5. Do have fun when driving. Don’t be so uptight when driving because if you’re nervous/scared then chances are things will not end well. Not that I’m saying, “Hey, go crazy.” Just don’t be so scared when you are going to drive. Just have a positive outlook on driving and be safe. Also, be aware of your surroundings.

Follow me on Twitter! @Kirsten.Meyers6 for more crazy opinions, and DIYS!