82 °
    84 °
    86 °
    87 °
    89 °
    89 °
    89 °
    87 °
    84 °
    82 °
    81 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    82 °
90°/ 67°
89°/ 68°
93°/ 70°
93°/ 72°
90°/ 69°
88°/ 68°

“You Probably Haven’t Seen This..” Primer Movie Review

By:Antawn Salinas
Follow me on Twitter @OwlFeedAntawn

When I was about to watch this movie, I knew a few things about it. I knew that it was a low-budget sci-fi movie, and I knew that not many people knew about it. When I finished watching it, I immediately looked up a video explaining what happened, because this is the most complex movie I’ve ever seen.

Primer is a low-budget sci-fi movie that came out in 2004 and was directed by Shane Carruth, who also starred in it. The film also stars him and his friend David Sullivan. Together, they star in this film about time travel. They play Aaron and Abe, two scientists that somehow create a time machine, and they spend a lot of the run time figuring out how it will work, what they will do with it, and how they try and deal with the eventual consequences.

This movie is not for everyone, which, in my opinion, makes it good. With most massive sci-fi films, they dumb things down with the science. Since this is a smaller film, they don’t have to do that. This movie doesn’t hold your hand. Events happen out of order and a good chunk of the dialogue is talking about science, which makes hard to follow and you’ll have to watch it multiple times to understand it.imgres

While the acting, cinematography, and dialogue aren’t really special, they aren’t really the reasons of why this is a good film. The reason it’s good is because of the intriguing plot and mystery of what exactly is going on. This might sound pretentious, but this film works like a puzzle; you just have to put the pieces together.

Like I said earlier, the acting, while it isn’t great, works. Since the movie was made with a really low budget, it feels genuine and fits the movie. Same goes with the cinematography and dialogue.

I do highly recommend this movie, that is if you are either looking for something completely different or you are really into science. If you are interested, you can find the film on Netflix. If you watched the movie but still don’t get what happened, you can click here to check out a video that will explain most of it.