Sam Rowles

As the class of 2026 enter Agua Fria, new personalities and people come into our campus. Many of these freshmen came into our Journalism class and made our class fun and thrilling. One person specifically...

Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

64 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    79 °
    81 °
    82 °
    83 °
    81 °
    79 °
    78 °
    76 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
83°/ 60°
89°/ 66°
90°/ 69°
Partly Cloudy
89°/ 67°
88°/ 67°
92°/ 72°

U.S. Bombs Syrian Airfield In Response to Chemical Attack

By: Lenny Sosa
Follow me on Twitter: LENNY_OWLFEED

Just recently on April 7th, 2017, the U.S. launched an airstrike on Syria after the Khan Shaykhun chemical attack by the Syrian government on their civilians. This incident sparked some anger in the U.S government, marking it as the first attack on the Assad government by the U.S.

The Syrian government’s reaction was first passive after the first air strikes, but after errant air strikes they called it a “serious and blatant attack on Syria and its military.” Which prompted the Russian foreign ministry to come forward and denounce the attacks as “being based on false intelligence and against international law.” A UN meeting was then called into place right after.

The Syrian and Russian governments deny that Syria used chemical weapons in the village of Khan Shaykhun.

IMG_0824Some more background on this is back in March, President Donald Trump’s administration deployed an additional 400 U.S Marines to Syria in an attempt to expand the fight against ISIS. The U.S. has been bombing ISIS targets in Syria for years, but this was the first attack directly on the Syrian military.

One other thing that triggered the airstrikes was the “killing innocent children, innocent babies … with a chemical gas that is so lethal that people were shocked to hear what gas it was, that crosses many, many lines” as Donald Trump stated, speaking of the sarin gas that was used in the attack. It is horrible that many people were affected after they had done nothing to deserve such tragedy.

Furthermore, events like these on both sides should be prevented. Syria should not have used the chemical gas and the U.S. should not have launched missiles because it put people’s lives in jeopardy, all because of a potential all-out war between both countries.

In the end, all we have to do is wait for what is to come next. We do not know how much worse it can get but hopefully we find a solution to this as soon as possible.