78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    69 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    63 °
    61 °
    60 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
    68 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    76 °
    76 °
80°/ 60°
77°/ 59°
79°/ 54°
83°/ 60°
89°/ 66°
92°/ 69°

Clubs Galore

Clubs Galore

By: Nathalie Alejandro – OwlFeed

Follow me on Twitter: @journalismnat

CMuV9-IVEAAXZtfConfused about when certain clubs meet? Be informed and never miss a meeting again!

Academic and Volunteer

*National Honors Society:

• Advisors- Mr. Murray and Ms. De Palo
  • When and Where- Every other Wednesday, F1
    • The purpose of NHS is to recognize students who demonstrate the four pillars of National Honor Society: scholarship, leadership, service, and character. NHS chapter meetings are usually devoted to deciding on charitable endeavors to get involved in as well as nailing down the logistics for community service days. We are also working to develop our peer tutoring program.

*College Preparatory (CPrep):

• Advisor- Mr. Allpress
  • When and Where- Every other Tuesday, K7
    • CPrep is a club for those who want to be more informed on all things college. They have guest speakers who talk about their experiences in out of state and in state colleges. It is an amazing opportunity to get more involved in your future, during the present time.  

Interact Club:

• Advisor- Mr. Kish and Mr. Grumble (Rotary Club)
  • When and Where- Every other Thursday, A3
    • Interact Club is a volunteer-oriented club that helps out the community. They look for events to get members involved in to stand out and be leaders.        

Kiwanis Educating Youth (KEY) Club :

• Advisor- Mrs. Allpress
  • When and Where- Every other Monday, B12
    • KEY Club is a community service club that believes in giving back to our community for students who want to be part of something meaningful during their time at Agua Fria.

Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA):CN7pk9OUAAEJJ1f

• Advisor- Mrs. Mowbray
  • When and Where- Wednesdays, T4
    • HOSA is a club for those who look to enter the medical field as a career. They compete in HOSA competitions in different types of medical categories. It’s a great way to learn more about the future you’re interested in.

Distributed Education Clubs of America (DECA):

• Advisor- Mr. Jones
  • When and Where-  Every other Thursday, N1
    • DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. They do community service projects, and attend DECA sponsored competitions to network with other highly motivated students in Arizona, and U.S.

^Student Council (StuCo):

• Advisor- Mrs. Parker
  • When and Where– 3rd period
    • StuCo is a club for those that want to see a change in their school. StuCo plans events year round, such as dances, spirit weeks, and pep-rallies. High amounts of school spirit  and pride are the main objectives of StuCo. StuCo members are leader and show how they want the school to be an awesome place.

^Air Force Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (AFJROTC):

• Advisor- Lt. Colonel Clements and Chief Siau
  • When and Where- Grade level classes
    • AFJROTC is an outstanding resource for those who want a future in the armed forces. AFJROTC specifies in Air Force, but provides the basics in the training, determination, and attitude you need to succeed in fighting for our country.

*Link Crew:

• Advisor- Mrs. Parker, Mrs. Chadwick and Ms. Phillips
  • When and Where- Wednesdays during Advisory
    • Link Crew is a club for upperclassmen who want to make sure freshmen have the best experience they can. They make sure they feel safe not only in their advisories, but all over campus.

Social:

Fashion Owls:

• Advisor- Ms. Vereyken
  • When and Where- Wednesdays, K3
    • Fashion Owls is a place where students can express who they are through their clothing, accessories, and makeup. Fashion Owls Club makes their own designs and puts it to show on what they wear. Students in Fashion club will learn how to sew and see the different fashions throughout the years.

Art Club:

• Advisor- Mr. Warner
  • When and Where- Tuesdays, J13
    • Art Club helps you expand your creativity by providing a place for your ideas to be drawn or made. Make what comes to your mind and show off your artistic skills!

*Best Buddies:

• Advisor- Mrs. Hoover
  • When and Where- Every other Thursday, B23
    • Best Buddies incorporates the help of general education students working with special needs students. Students in Best Buddies can sit with the special needs students during lunch and can come in when every they have free time during a class. They plan a special needs prom and go on field trips in this life-changing club.

Chess Club:

• Advisor- Ms. Krider
  • When and Where- Tuesdays, F3
    • Chess Club is for those who like to think ahead. In Chess Club, the more experienced students teach the beginners and at least once a month they have an inter-team tournament.

Construction Club:

• Advisor- Mr. Van Buren
  • When and Where- Tuesdays, T1
    • Construction club is a hands-on experience for those looking to create things themselves. They concentrate on community service and building items in the shop for fundraising. Watch your work come to life in Construction Club!

Earth Club:

• Advisor- Mr. McBee
  • When and Where- Every other Monday, K1
    • Earth club is dedicated to making this world a better place for all its inhabitants. It focuses on creating new ideas to clean the land and oceans, as well as getting rid of waste in a more effective way. If you care about the place you live in, join Earth Club.

Iron Owls Strength:

• Advisor- Mr. York
  • When and Where- After school in the Training Room
    • The Iron Owls Strength Club is dedicated to getting their swole on. This is an opportunity to get fit for better performance both physically and mentally. A sound mind keeps a sound mind!

Musician Guild:

• Advisor- Mr. Noble
  • When and Where- Mondays in the Band Room and Friday’s in D5
    • Agua Fria’s Musician Guild gets together to play, record, and sometimes write music. They have singers, dancers, guitarists, pianists, and drummers in the club, and welcome all types of musicians.

OwlFeed:

• Advisor- Mr. Morris and Mr. Jovanelly
  • When and Where- Everyday, B8
    • OwlFeed is an opportunity to get the word out about all things Agua Fria. OwlFeed covers events, games, teacher stories and future information to keep the student body.

*OwlFeed is an afterschool class, but also a club.

Sexuality and Gender Acceptance (SAGA):

• Advisor- Ms. Doughty
  • When and Where- Wednesdays, F4
    • SAGA is a social support group for gay, lesbian, transgender, and otherwise queer students. They also work in activism and other community events! They do have some members that are not out, so Ms. Doughty would appreciate a heads-up if you want to come by a meeting!

Theatre Club:

• Advisor- Mr. Gonzalez
  • When and Where-Wednesday in the Auditorium
    • Theatre Club meetings are to keep every young actor/actress up to speed with theatrical news throughout campus, as well as the community. They are a safe place to turn to, to let your creative side burst through!

Travel Club:

• Advisor- Ms. Mecham and Mrs. Gilliland
  • When and Where- 2nd semester, D1
    • Travel club is an opportunity to see the world. If you’re interested in going to England, Ireland and Wales, join Travel club. You will learn more about different cultures around the world.

^Yearbook:

• Advisor- Ms. Phillips
  • When and Where- 3rd period
    • Yearbook captures Agua Fria life through pictures. They keep the memories alive so students and alumni can look back on the amazing 4 years they had here at Agua Fria. The yearbook is made all by students. It can be bought in the bookstore or online at balfour.com for $65.

*Requires a contract.

^Is a class.