Photo credit: Evianna Wright
Evianna Wright

Evianna Wright is a 16 year old girl who was born on Feb 26, 2006. She is a sophomore in Agua Fria, and this is her second semester in Journalism.  Evianna enjoys writing things down and finds it calming...

91 °
    91 °
    90 °
    87 °
    84 °
    81 °
    79 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    69 °
    72 °
    75 °
    78 °
    80 °
    83 °
    85 °
    87 °
    88 °
    88 °
92°/ 70°
89°/ 66°
78°/ 57°
78°/ 59°
71°/ 56°
82°/ 59°

Golden Globes

By: Elizabeth Sandoval

On January 7th, 2018, the Golden Globes was presented in Beverly Hills, California at The Beverly Hilton.  Seth Meyers had spoken about Hollywood’s sexual predators and the Time’s Up Movement.unnamed

The most important topic spoken at this awards show was the Time’s Up movement. Celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon, and Eva Longoria were the ones to get the word out. The reason people were wearing black was for this movement and most of the males such as Justin Timberlake wore a Time’s Up pin.

Oprah had received an award and in her speech she talked about women’s rights, discrimination, gender bias, women’s pay compared to men, and talked about the Me Too movement. She took it to the level that people want her as president now.

For best actress in a limited series was Nicole Kidman for the series Big Little Lies. This show has renewed for a second season. This show is based on the book and is about three women who are moms. Even though they live the luxurious life with successful husbands they all have their own secrets.

The award for best supporting actor went to Sam Rockwell for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. This movie is about a woman’s daughter’s murder case.

Best actress for a television comedy went to Rachel Brosnahan for The Wonderful Mrs. Maisel. This show is about a woman in the 1950’s who has the perfect husband, two children, and lives in an apartment on the upper west side of New York and discovers she has a hidden talent that she didn’t know she had.

Best actress for a drama television series went to Elisabeth Moss for the show The Handmaid’s Tale. This show is based on the novel called The Handmaid’s Tale is based in Gilead and is ruled by a fundamentalist regime that treats women as property of the state.

The best actor for a television series went to Sterling K. Brown for the show This Is Us. This show is about triplets Kate, Randall, and Kevin who learn the meaning of living as the days go by, and the past of their parents Jack and Rebecca.

The best drama for television series went to The Handmaid’s Tale. This is the second award from the show.

Best supporting actor for a television series went to Alexander Skarsgard from Big Little Lies.

Best original score went to Alexandre Desplat for The Shape of Water. This movie is based in 1962 and is about a women named Elisa who is a cleaning lady for a high security government laboratory and her life changes after a secret and she learned what was in the lab.

The award for best original song goes to “This is Me” from the movie The Greatest Showman. This musical is about the birth of show and business.

Best actor for a comedy goes to James Franco for The Disaster Artist. This movie is about James Franco transforming Tommy Wiseau about his story into becoming a filmmaker.

For best supporting actress in a television series went to Laura Dern for Big Little Lies.

Best animated feature went to Disney’s Coco. This movie is about a young boy named Miguel who’s family bans music but he tries to show his love for music but then tries to learn his family history when he gets sucked into the land of the dead.

For best supporting actress in a motion picture goes to Allison Janney for I, Tonya. This movie is about the 1991 story of Tonya Harding who is the first woman to complete a triple axel during an ice skating competition. She had her, now, ex husband injure Nancy Kerrigan and causes her get out of the competition because of her injury.

Best screenplay goes to the movie Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

For best foreign film goes to In the Fade. The movie is about a woman’s life getting torn apart when her husband and six year old get bombed my neo nazis.

The best actor for limited series goes to Ewan McGregor for the Fargo. Emmit Stussy who is a successful businessman who has it all and his brother Ray is always in the shadow.

For best television series for comedy goes to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. This is the second award for this series.

Best actor for for a comedy series goes to Aziz Ansari for Master of None. This show is about real life experiences that happened to Aziz and he plays as Dev who is an actor struggling to find out what he wants.

The best director goes to Guillermo del Toro for the movie The Shape of Water.

For best limited series or television or movie went to Big Little Lies.

Best actress for a comedy motion picture goes to Saoirse Ronan for Lady Bird. This movie is about a  teenage girl trying to have a loving relationship with her mother her senior year. Lady Bird also won best motion picture, musical or comedy.

The best actor for a drama motion picture goes to Gary Oldman for The Darkest Hour. This movie is about a true story of the prime minister from Great Britain, Winston Churchill.

Best actress for a drama motion picture goes to Frances Mcdormand for the movie Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri won best drama motion picture.