Photo credit: Ms. Fowler

Introverted, Gamer, and Lazy. These are three words David Reynaga used to describe himself. Coming from Los Angeles, California, 16 year old David is now a junior who has just recently arrived at Agua...

78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    69 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    63 °
    61 °
    60 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
    68 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    76 °
    76 °
    76 °
80°/ 60°
77°/ 59°
79°/ 54°
83°/ 60°
89°/ 66°
92°/ 69°

Types of Coffee That You Should Try

By: Kirsten Meyers
@kirsten.meyers6
opinion/lifestyle journalist

Coffee is a drink that (if you’re a coffee lover) brings you joy each time you take a sip. Whether it be the coffee you made in the comfort of your home, or one that you bought at Starbucks, Dutch Bros., or any other fancy place that you get your coffee, you know one thing: the coffee tastes great, which is why you keep coming back for more.types of coffee

In this article I will be explaining the types of coffee there are in the world, and will be getting some insight on what other people around me like to drink.  Grab your cup of joe and enjoy!

Firstly, coffee is a brewed drink that is prepared with instant coffee grounds, or freshly grinded up coffee grounds.  The coffee grounds are seeds from a coffea plant. This plant is best seen in Africa.

1. Caffe Americano

A Caffe Americano is a type of coffee that is prepared by diluting espresso with hot water. An Americano is a black cup of espresso with nothing else added to it. This can be found at your local Starbucks.

1. Latte

A Latte is coffee made with an espresso that is heavily dependent on milk that has been steamed.  This can be served cold or hot. It all depends on your personal preference. These are also found at your local Starbucks!

Lattes have many different flavors such as vanilla, hazelnut, peppermint, toffee nut and raspberry. You aren’t limited to these flavors just because there are so many different types but it all depends on the shop you go to.

1.    Cappuccino

A Cappuccino is an Italian coffee drink that has two shots of espresso with steamed milk or cream. This is usually served with chocolate cappuccino powder or cinnamon. This coffee is served hot, and there are a bunch of different flavors that you can try. There is vanilla, caramel, hazelnut (hazelnut is so good!), and peppermint.  You aren’t limited to these flavors, these are just general flavors that you can try out, or request that almost every store has. Cappuccinos can be found at your local Starbucks.

1.  Frappe/Frappuccinos.

A frappe is an iced coffee made with instant coffee, ice, and water.   These ingredients aren’t limited, this is just a basic frappe. You can add whatever you’d like to a frappe, or order as long as the store you’re at is okay with it.

“When I go to Starbucks I usually get the Frappuccinos. They just taste so good to me. They’re like a balance between sweetness and actual coffee,” said Ariana Moreno, OwlFeed’s Opinion Editor.

“I would have to say my favorite would personally be the Irish Nutty Man from Dutch Bros., because I love how the Irish cream and hazelnuts go together,” said Leanna Sanchez, a former Agua Fria High School student and also a coffee lover.

Ariana and Leanna both love coffee, and are always drinking coffee when they have the chance.

As you can see, there are so many different flavors that you can get. It all depends on your local coffee shop, or store.

Frappes/frappuccinos are available just about everywhere, and you can request to add more items onto your tasty drink as long as the store you’re at is okay with it. Every shop is different just keep that in mind.  

1.  Expresso.

I figured I would cover this topic just because espresso is used in every single coffee almost.  Expresso is taking freshly chopped up coffee beans and forcing boiling water into the beans under pressure.  Expressos are just shots of coffee.

1.  Mocha.

A Mocha is short for moccacino, it is a blend of chocolate, espresso and milk.  Mochas are easy to make, and you can order mochas warm or iced. They’re available anywhere just about. These are delicious and anyone who is a chocolate  lover would love these.

“I like mochas because they have chocolate, and cover up most of the top coffee flavor,” said Annalysia Flores,  a senior at Agua Fria. She loves mochas and always goes to get them whenever she has the chance.

All these coffees are great choices, and are honestly some of the best coffees that I have tried. I hope you enjoyed reading this short article. Enjoy sipping away your coffee!