69 °
    68 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    82 °
    84 °
    87 °
    88 °
    87 °
    87 °
    85 °
    83 °
    81 °
    78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    72 °
    70 °
    67 °
    65 °
    63 °
    61 °
89°/ 67°
78°/ 58°
79°/ 58°
76°/ 55°
82°/ 59°
89°/ 66°

7 Weird Life Hacks!

By: Ariana Moreno

Here are 7 out of the ordinary life hacks you could use in your daily life whether you’re on a budget and can’t afford a phone speaker or just wanting to try something new.

1. Brushing Your Hair With A Dryer Sheet:

Apparently, according to YouTuber KeepCalmAndBlushOn, to help with staticy hair, all you have to do is take a laundry dryer sheet and stick it through the bristles of your brush. After that just brush your hair like you normally would.

1. Microwaving Beauty Blenders:

This hack actually does work, it’s just that some people aren’t doing it correctly which has been causing their beauty blenders to melt. Seventeen Magazine says that in order for this hack to properly work you need to: fill a cup with soapy water, clean your beauty blender, and then put it in the cup of soap water. Then, squeeze it until it’s fully saturated. After you squeeze it out, heat the cup for one minute in the microwave. Finally, let it sit for five minutes until water cools, then squeeze it out.

1. Powerade Dyed Noodles:

So instead of using food coloring, apparently according to EXBC entertainment you could just boil your noodles in powerade. However it doesn’t seem like it was appetizing. Maybe this should be more of a food decor hack.

1. Eating Doritos or Cheetos With Chopsticks:

It’s so hard eating cheetos or doritos without getting that cheesy powder residue on your fingers and even when you do, sometimes it stains your skin leaving your fingertips orange for a few hours. BUT, if you use chopsticks instead of your fingers, that takes care of that problem.

1. Applying Toothpaste On Pimples:

While toothpaste DOES dry out the skin and pimples, it’s not exactly going to get rid of blemishes. It does, however, dry them out but lots of people use this method. Director Joshua Zeichner (M.D.) of Cosmetic and clinical research in Dermatology at Mount Sinai hospital in New York says that the reason why “toothpaste has been used as a home remedy to treat pimples because many toothpastes used to contain an ingredient called Triclosan, which is an antimicrobial that helped kill acne-causing bacteria on the skin.¨ Others may find this hack a little weird since tooth paste is supposed to go on your teeth but this hack can be pretty effective if you have a huge zit on your forehead.

1. Smartphone In a Cup:

So this hack works because according to LifeHacker, the sound will reverberate (repeated several times as an echo) inside the cup. The sound quality may not be the best, but it does do the trick for an effective alarm clock.

1. Hotdogs With Rice:

So I first heard of this hack from one of our very own Agua Fria students. Instead of eating a hotdog with a bun, there’s actually a dish that substitutes rice instead of the bun. Instead of having to deal with the messiness of eating a hotdog, try making this dish instead. Lena Abraham (Assistant Food Editor at Delish.com) adds a few more ingredients for flavor, but you can always tweak it to make it right for you.