Photo credit: Grads Photography
Darryl Taylor

Darryl Alexander Taylor is one of the most athletic and smart people in Journalism that most people can relate to. He originally joined Journalism as another writing class like English because he loves...

79 °
    82 °
    85 °
    88 °
    90 °
    93 °
    94 °
    97 °
    98 °
    99 °
    99 °
    97 °
    93 °
    90 °
    88 °
    86 °
    83 °
    80 °
    78 °
    76 °
    75 °
    73 °
    74 °
    77 °
    81 °
100°/ 71°
102°/ 72°
June 1
101°/ 72°
June 2
101°/ 72°
June 3
101°/ 71°
June 4
103°/ 72°

Meet Carlos Johnson

By Jaeden Andrade
@idkjae715
Owlfeed Journalist

Carlos Johnson is a Junior here at Agua Fria and he’s making an impact in many ways across the campus already!

Carlos is the Co-Captain of Agua Fria’s ‘Cold Water Comedy’ Improv team and he is “really looking forward this year to meet new people.” Last year’s competition was cancelled due to ‘Red for Ed’, but he hopes to get 1st place in the tournaments this year.

He is apart of the National Honor Society and hopes to get an officer position in his Senior year. He also loves being in Link Crew, “it teaches me and it also teaches the Freshman.” Now, he is also one of our new ‘lifestyle’ writers here at Owlfeed.

When asked about which beats he’s most excited about writing about in ‘lifestyle’, he said, “I’m really interested in either the video games or the music, I can go on and on about a lot of songs and a lot of games.” Carlos’ favorite band is Twenty One Pilots, he’s known them “for about 2-3 years now and they’re awesome.” When asked if Fortnite is his favorite video game, he said, “Unfortunately, yes.” But we can’t blame him for loving this game. 

Carlos loves Agua Fria’s theater program, considers himself a “theatre nerd” and said, “If I’m not in a theater play that is school sponsored, I’ll end up going to it, I’ll be in it, I’ll find someway to help.”.

After high school, Carlos plans to go on a Mormon missionary trip for 2 years. Afterwards he plans to go to ASU to study either theater, marketing, or journalism. Later, he also brought up his interest in something “forensics related, whether it’s CSI or [a] Botanist.”. When asked what he wants to do after college, he said,  “Honestly, I’ll take anything if it’s acting. If it’s Broadway, movies, if it’s anything, I’ll do it.”.

Carlos has a large family that consists of 6 siblings, one in high school and one in college.

Lastly, when asked about why he wanted to join Agua Fria’s journalism program, he said “Last year, I took Honors Geometry and I had Mr. Jovanelly and I wanted to have him as a teacher again.” He said that he’s “really looking forward to it,” when talking about journalism class. Overall, Carlos is looking forward to a great year at Agua Fria and we’re all thankful that he is an Agua Fria Owl.