75 °
    69 °
    67 °
    65 °
    63 °
    61 °
    61 °
    62 °
    63 °
    65 °
    68 °
    71 °
    74 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    69 °
    67 °
79°/ 60°
77°/ 59°
79°/ 55°
84°/ 60°
89°/ 65°
92°/ 68°

Can Venom Live Up To The Hype?

By: David Menendez

Owlfeed Journalist

A lot of people have been anticipating a Venom movie for years. One of spider-man’s most beloved enemies is now getting his own movie and people are really excited, all the waiting is finally over. But people are also a bit skeptical about the decisions Sony is making with this character.

Venom is an upcoming movie that is releasing on October 5th, 2018 based on a character named Eddie Brock who is a journalist. On one of his investigations he gets taken over by this alien symbiote that gives him superhuman abilities and gives him a horrifying alter-ego named Venom.

This movie is very unique because it is a movie about a villian and not a superhero. This film has been anticipated since Venom appeared in Spider-Man 3 back in 2007. Fans had been anticipating this moment for more than 10 years.

518jo3Xlf8L
IGN.com

Fans have been skeptical about this movie and how Sony pictures will be handling this movie because previously with their Spider-Man franchise it didn’t go well. One of the main movies people had a problem was with The Amazing Spider-Man and the direction it was going in.

People have also had an issue with Venom’s iconic enemy Spider-man not being in the movie. There are rumors he might be in the movie but as of now nothing is official. The reason he isn’t in the movie is because Marvel is using spider-man for there movies but since Sony has the right to Spider-man and they could borrow him anytime.

“There’s the awkward fact that the very existence of Venom, his motivation, the fuel that keeps his hatred burning, is Spider-Man himself…… He is literally designed to be the anti-Spider-Man – it’s not a secret.” said forbes in an article talking about Venom. Some people still have hope that the beloved Spider-man can show up on the big screen.

Fans and critics are worried that sony will also do the same thing that they did for The amazing spider-man 2 which was putting a bunch of Spider-man’s villains into one movie. “last time Sony tried to build a cinematic universe using Spidey-villains, they got way too excited. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was packed with more origin stories…… we saw the birth of Electro, Rhino, Green Goblin, and were teased with glimpses of Vulture’s wings and Dr. Octopus’s arms.” It’s mostly a love/hate that people are having overall from all the trailers,poster and announcements.