69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    60 °
    61 °
    63 °
    66 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    74 °
    76 °
    77 °
    77 °
    77 °
    75 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    68 °
77°/ 59°
78°/ 60°
74°/ 57°
59°/ 48°
Moderate rain
63°/ 50°
Moderate rain
71°/ 54°

Amanda Moreno’s Legacy

By: Hayley Baker

Amanda Moreno, that name has such a strong connotation attached to it now. She was funny, happy, real, and had a light always shining in her.

Poster
Photo by Kyla Heller

At the beginning of the year I wrote a story about Amanda and she said that when she leaves Agua Fria, she wants to leave a message “that the choices you make when you are in high school really do matter, I want people to realize this before it’s too late.” Unfortunately she tragically left us too soon, but she left an impact at this school if it was the message she intended or something completely different.  

Amanda’s passing has affected the entire school, however the class of 2019, her class, has taken it the hardest. Many of us have known her since elementary school and knew her going into middle and high school as well.

On Monday 10/1 many seniors took the opportunity to come together and get to know each other, meeting up at Dutch Bros. all decked out in red, to become closer as a senior class. That’s something that most likely would not have happened if not for this tragedy unfortunately.

“Amanda taught me that you can be friends with anyone as long as you give kindness and can receive it,” senior Kyla Heller said.

Even those who did not personally know Amanda were able to take away something from this. Sophomore Sanai Metoyer said that, “Unity comes when it is most needed,” referring to the school coming together as one to mourn a loss, to celebrate a life, to be present with each other.

All over social media people posted pictures and memories. People were also posting about how we need to take time to cherish our friends, family and loved ones because we all don’t know when it will go away.

Amanda Moreno will always have a place in our hearts and at Agua Fria and she will never be forgotten.