Photo credit: Ms. Fowler

Introverted, Gamer, and Lazy. These are three words David Reynaga used to describe himself. Coming from Los Angeles, California, 16 year old David is now a junior who has just recently arrived at Agua...

Photo credit: Carolina Garcia
Carolina Garcia

Carolina Garica is a 15-year-old freshman who is a first year opinion reporter at Owl Feed! She was born on January 17th, 2008. Carolina had first joined journalism because she likes to write. She enjoys...

78 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    69 °
    67 °
    65 °
    63 °
    61 °
    61 °
    62 °
    63 °
    65 °
    68 °
    71 °
    74 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    73 °
89°/ 66°
80°/ 60°
79°/ 59°
79°/ 56°
83°/ 60°
89°/ 66°

Tips on How to Ease Your Grief

By: Alex Fikes

Everyone grieves differently. Some feel guilty, feeling like it should have been them. Others are angry, angry at their god for taking someone away from them, at the person for leaving them, at themselves for not doing something about it. Some people cry. Some people busy themselves so they don’t have to think about it.

Grieving is a personal process. There are healthy ways to cope, and not so healthy ways. The way you grieve shouldn’t harm you or anyone else. Finding a way to grieve that works may be difficult for you. It may be difficult. Either way there are plenty of things to try.

greifTry talking to someone. Whether it be your best friend, your significant other, your parent, a teacher, or the counselors here at school. There are so many people here at Agua Fria that are here to help you as much as they can and talk to you. Communication is important at times like this. To make emotions and intentions very clear.

Being active such as:  walking, running, playing sports, bike riding, or swimming. It releases chemicals in your brain called endorphins which is what causes you to be happy. Being active actually can help distract you from the situation for a while.

Meditation is a great way to help put things into perspective. Although it may not work for everyone. Meditation includes taking time to sit with no sound or maybe soft music. It lets you think without distractions of the world. Thinking about how things really happened can help with dealing with certain emotions with someone passing.

Writing is another way to express your feelings. You don’t have to show anyone. You don’t even have to read it. Just write whatever first comes to mind. You can write a poem or a short story, maybe even a song. Write a letter to yourself, or to your grieving. You can write down anything.

Another creative way is art. You could pain or draw. You don’t have to be good at it. It’s a way to express your feelings, rather than keeping it in.

There are so many ways to express what your feeling. The key is finding the right one.