Photo credit: Isabella Myrmel
Aaron Esquer

New to the high school environment, Aaron Esquer’s first year here at Agua Fria is quite an experience and a huge change for this freshman. From being online in middle school to now finally learning...

Photo credit: Mushroom Ritchie
Mushroom Ritchie

Mushroom Ritchie, a 15 year old sophomore in high school who has a love for drawing, video games, and anime. Her favorite thing to draw is animals, and mostly plays Roblox, Minecraft, and Omori. Some of...

76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    69 °
    67 °
    65 °
    63 °
    61 °
    61 °
    62 °
    63 °
    65 °
    68 °
    71 °
    74 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    73 °
    72 °
89°/ 66°
80°/ 60°
79°/ 59°
79°/ 56°
83°/ 60°
89°/ 66°

A Gamer’s Honest Opinion Of Fallout 76

By: Jacob Anderson

Ah, Fallout. The post-nuclear RPG that changed what we imagine the end of the world to look like.

IMG_ff2a603b-ba90-4ae9-a8c6-896b6aeef69b
Photo Credit: Jacob Anderson (In-Game Screenshot)

Fallout 76 is Bethesda Game Studios’ newest game in the series, and it hasn’t had the best reviews since its release. From glitches to game-breaking connectivity issues, Fallout 76 was given an abysmal 2.5 rating, according to GameRant.

In this article, I’ll give an honest, unbiased review of Fallout 76, considering things that can only be seen by playing the game.

First, we’ll start off with the studio behind the creation, Bethesda.

Bethesda Game Studios is a division of Bethesda Softworks based in Rockville, Maryland. The studio is led by Todd Howard, known for titles such as the fifth Elder Scrolls title Skyrim, as well as the late Fallout titles (Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout 76).

Moving on to the topic of the game itself, we’ll start with graphics.

Fallout 76 is visually very similar to the looks of Fallout 4 (which is most likely because of them being on the same engine). The worldspace looks amazing, be it an abandoned town or a rail station overrun with mutants. Trees look real and the animations are, mostly, coordinated.

Next is gameplay.

I have to say, 76 does have its share of game-breaking glitchesand the fact the servers kick you after about an hourbe it enemies healing after you damage them, being over the carry limit (while still being under said limit), or even having enemies’ bodies disappear before you get a chance to loot them.

With that said, the game, when not considering glitches, is very fun to play. You can clear locations with friends, join factions, and even launch nuclear warheads at other players. The game also delves into real-life West Virginian folklore, from the infamous Mothman to the malformed Grafton Monster, which makes an extra touch to the game.

In terms of game mechanics, Fallout 76 adds several new features, such as movable settlement buildingused with a device called the C.A.M.P.and multiplayer function (the game features no living NPC’s). The weapon condition aspect returns, making players repair their weapons and armor. Food also spoils, and players need to consistently eat, drink, and sleep, a feature that was optional in previous games.

The game is also a prequel, taking place chronologically prior to every other Fallout game.

All in all, Fallout 76, while being the least popular game Bethesda has published in the series, is a fun game full of new experiences, world and character lore, and beautiful graphics (when the game doesn’t glitch). Out of 10, I believe it earns itself a 7, being a fun game while still having some issues.