76 °
    77 °
    77 °
    77 °
    76 °
    75 °
    70 °
    68 °
    66 °
    64 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    58 °
    56 °
    55 °
    56 °
    58 °
    60 °
    63 °
    65 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
78°/ 59°
79°/ 54°
84°/ 60°
89°/ 65°
91°/ 67°
88°/ 66°

Little Mix performs in Phoenix

By: Sarah Loya -OwlFeed

Follow me on Twitter at @OwlFeedSarah

IMG_2633 (1)Everyone always dreams about meeting their favorite celebrity. A few weeks ago, that dream came true for me — I actually got to experience meeting one of my favorite bands of all time.

Little Mix, a four-piece girl group from the United Kingdom, came to Arizona to promote their new single, “Black Magic.” The concert was very intimate. Little Mix only performed on a small stage at Wet N’ Wild.

Before the show, I was lucky enough to go meet the band along with my best friend, who won the tickets for both of us. Meet and greet is different for every artist depending on their management team, and, personally, I was not impressed by Little Mix’s team.

We were not allowed to take individual pictures, hug them, or anything. It felt like we couldn’t even make direct eye contact with them even though the girls seemed like they wanted to talk to us for hours. So, when my time came, group member Jesy Nelson told me she loved my hair, and I froze up and just said, “I love you”. Not everyone can think on spot when their role model is talking to them, okay?

We were allowed to take a group picture. After that was taken,  phrases like “I love you” and “thank you” kept getting thrown out and getting returned back. Minutes later the girls got on stage and surprised us with an acoustic version of “How Ya Doin?”

Before transitioning to their next single, “Wings,” the girls gave a motivational speech on how everyone deserves to love who they are and to not listen to haters. Lastly, they ended the session with their newest single, “Black Magic,” which shows women that if they are confident with who they are they can do anything. The show ended with fans screaming their love for Little Mix and the girls giving their love back.

The show was a total success. Who knows, maybe we’ll get a tour date here for their new album, “Get Weird,” which will be released on November 6, 2015.