Photo credit: Isabella Myrmel
Aaron Esquer

New to the high school environment, Aaron Esquer’s first year here at Agua Fria is quite an experience and a huge change for this freshman. From being online in middle school to now finally learning...

64 °
    66 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    79 °
    81 °
    82 °
    83 °
    81 °
    79 °
    78 °
    76 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    68 °
    71 °
83°/ 60°
89°/ 66°
90°/ 69°
Partly Cloudy
89°/ 67°
88°/ 67°
92°/ 72°

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Review – Is this Really the End?

By: Carlos Johnson
OwlFeed News Editor

*DISCLAIMER – The following story contains SPOILERS. If you haven’t watched the movie, and do not want the movie spoiled, read this story at your own risk.*

Endgame Story
Photo Credit – IMP Awards

On Friday, April 26th, the most anticipated movie in the Avengers series opened in theaters. With only three days in theaters, Marvel’s: Endgame has already accumulated a total of $1.2 billion dollars in sales as of April 28th.

As a fairly new fan of Avengers, you will probably take my review with a grain of salt, but personally, I thought this movie was amazing! It really gave a lot of answers to questions that were left unanswered in Infinity War and tied this stage of the MCU together.

If you don’t remember, at the end of Infinity War, Thanos executes his highly anticipated snap, wiping out half the universe. In Avengers: Endgame, everyone that is left reunites, and attempt to find Thanos, and take back the stones. That was a flop, as Thor ended up killing Thanos.

The Avengers go back in time and retrieve the stones before Thanos can, to snap everyone back, and the rest is history.

The entire movie was filled with a great plot, character development, and a lot of comedy. From Hulk feeling remorseful and giving Antman some of his tacos, to Thor yelling at Noobmaster69 over his mic on Fortnite, there was a lot of comedy to be found.

According to Sarah Niezgodzki, diehard Avengers fan, Avengers: Endgame was “a great way to end the past ten years of this version of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”

The plot was beautiful. In order to get some sort of chance to bring everyone back, the leftover Avengers figure out how to time travel, using Quantum physics, thanks to Antman. They use their time travel capabilities to go back in time and retrieve the stones before Thanos does.

The thought process was well played out, and you can clearly tell that the producers of the movie tried their hardest to prevent any paradoxes created when the Avengers time traveled.

Though the movie was a beautiful, well-thought-out masterpiece, there were still a few things that questioned some of the audience.

“One thing that really irked me was the fact that Thor was made the butt of a pretty bad joke during the whole of this movie,” said Sarah. Thor was very powerful in previous movies, and Sarah felt the credibility that Thor built up quickly crumbled down. From being arguably the most powerful Avenger to being fat, and depressed, Sarah overall felt that Thor was being poked at too much.

I, personally rate this movie a 9.5/10. It truly was a fun, amazing three-hour ride. The Thor beatdown was a little disheartening but was a very minor negative.

Believe it or not, Endgame is not the final movie to be released! Spider-Man: Far From Home is set to come out July 5th! A Black Widow is in the works, with Scarlett Johansson starring and being a producer on the film, but the thing is… she died. Maybe we’ll get a prequel or something.