69 °
    68 °
    69 °
    72 °
    75 °
    78 °
    80 °
    82 °
    84 °
    86 °
    88 °
    89 °
    89 °
    89 °
    87 °
    84 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
90°/ 67°
89°/ 67°
93°/ 70°
93°/ 72°
90°/ 69°
82°/ 67°

Meet Daniel Vazquez

By: Bernadette Negron-Taylor

Daniel Vazquez, who just turned 16, on August 16, is one of our exceptional juniors here at the cherished Agua Fria High School. 

Being a junior can sometimes be stressful, but what Daniel does to stay on top of things is to keep up with his homework and study when he can. For middle school, he attended Avondale Middle School. He is already thinking about what he wants to do after high school and preparing for his future.

Picture Credit: Daniel Vazquez

One of the colleges he was thinking of going to is ASU. In conjunction with this, his older sister went to college and he looks up to her because of that. He wishes to do the same as her. 

Daniel wants to pursue the job of becoming a sports reporter. One of his inspirations for wanting to be a sports reporter came from watching his favorite show First Take. He also likes the show Breaking Bad.

Daniel seems to like sports a lot. He is mostly interested in basketball, but he also likes football. He is even a sports reporter here in our journalism class. Fun fact: Daniel’s favorite subject is history because he thinks history is very interesting.     

Furthermore, Daniel is not just all about school. He enjoys playing video games, hanging out with friends and most of all he loves sleeping. 

We all love music. Daniel’s taste in music is mostly rap. His favorite artists are Travis Scott and Playboi Carti. Daniel finds the song “Sky Walker” by Miguel and Travis Scott inspiring, and especially finds good advice in the line, “Take a shot, make a friend, just enjoy the moment. I’m Luke  Skywalkin’ on these haters.” 

At home he likes to go out with his family on the weekend for dinners when they can or plan to. Daniel speaks not just English, but also speaks Spanish at home with his family. 

Most of his favorite and funniest moments are with his friends. Daniel loves himself, but his overall favorite thing about himself is his hair. It is dark brown and it is very curly, meaning he is a very smart, kind, caring and confident curly head. 

Daniel grew up here in Avondale Arizona. When First meeting Daniel, he was welcoming and we talked as if we’d known each other for a while. It is not awkward when speaking with him. He has a great personality and demeanor. Meet Daniel Vazquez