Meet Daniel Tarrango

Photo credit: Daniel Tarrango

Bella Tarzia, OwlFeed Opinion and Lifestyle Editor

Meet Agua Fria’s own Daniel Tarrango, a high school rapping super star also known as “Drippy Shark.” This 16 year old has started his career young and is making a run for it. 

Daniel is a junior here at Agua Fria. He has chosen journalism in hopes of improving his writing to help his career as an artist. He hopes to write in the Lifestyle section about all of the new music and trends. 

He has been at Agua Fria for three years now and loves the campus. For Daniel, transitioning to online/virtual learning was “hard and difficult” as it was for many students. “Virtual learning is definitely not what I expected,”  Daniel said. 

After high school Daniel has a few plans for college. His top choice is to attend UCLA and study to become a therapist. If not UCLA, his “home” option is ASU. Both schools would be lucky to have Daniel as he works extremely hard in and out of the classroom. 

Outside of school, Daniel spends a lot of time working at Fired Pie. “The job itself is pretty easy but fun,” Daniel said. Outside of school, Daniel is also a rap artist and is well known around campus as “Drippy Shark.”

You can download and listen to his music on all platforms such as Apple Music, Spotify, and SoundCloud. So far, Daniel has about 40,500 streams and hopes to hit 50,000 before the new year. His current top song is “Came Out The Womb” featuring Akathekidd and Dranski. His most recent single is “Butterfly,” which is also a big hit! 

Daniels favorite artist, besides himself, is Travis Scott and his favorite song is “Coordinate.” Travis Scott’s music has definitely been a big influence on Daniel’s as well. 

As a side business, Daniel has been getting into the resale industry where he sells used merchandise at a profited rate off the website StockX. Daniel has a very strong shoe game and his favorite pair (as of now) are the Jordan Retro 3s.  

At home, Daniel is the oldest of four. He has two younger sisters and one younger brother. Being the oldest kid in the family is “tough and weird,” he said. “You have to watch everything you do or else you get in trouble.” Although being the oldest may be hard, Daniel is a loving and caring older brother. 

We are so excited to see what Daniel has in store for the OwlFeed program this semester! Make sure to go and check out “Drippy Shark’s” music on SoundCloud, Spotify and Apple Music. 

Editor’s Note: The music comes with a Parental Advisory warning and may not be suitable for all ages.