Meet The Theatrical Makayla Kennedy

Photo+Credit%3A+Makayla+Kennedy+

Photo Credit: Makayla Kennedy

Makayla Kennedy, OwlFeed Lifestyle Editor

“She is the funniest person I’ve ever met, an all around delightful person to be around. I just love her vibe, energy, and personality,” said Makayla Kennedy. That’s me, Makayla. 

I’m a 17-year-old senior at Agua Fria High School and the newest Lifestyle Editor for OwlFeed Journalism. This is my second year in journalism and first year as an editor. Sadly I am not pursuing journalism in college. 

I’m planning on going to college for theatre, as theatre has grown to be my passion. Last year I got inducted as a thespian and this year I’m on the thespian board at Agua Fria. I plan to direct my own senior-directed One Act and also have a part in the fall production of Arsenic and Old Lace. This is my third year in theatre and my third production. 

I got accepted into NAU already, but plan on applying to GCU, NYU, and University of Oregon. 

Besides theatre, I also am a part of Agua Fria’s Student Council, where I serve and Senior Class President. This year is my first year in Stuco, but I absolutely love it. I’ve made so many friends and love getting involved. 

Outside of school, I have an array of hobbies. I like to skateboard on the weekends; I even got a custom built board for my birthday that I’m learning to kickflip on. 

I also very much enjoy pro wrestling. Me and my mom watch WWE and AEW on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It’s always wrestling week in my house. Some of my favorite wrestlers include Edge and Christian, The Hardyz, Jungle Boy, CM Punk, and Kris Statlander. In fact, I’m starting the process to start training as a wrestler which hasn’t been easy but it’ll be worth it. 

At home when I’m not watching wrestling I’m probably talking to my sister. In total, I have three siblings: two older sisters and one older brother. My oldest sister lives in Hawaii as a member of the Navy and my brother lives in Queen Creek, also a member of the Navy. My second oldest sister graduated from Agua Fria in 2014 and lives in El Mirage and is currently planning her wedding. Being the youngest has been tough since all my siblings moved out but I love to still annoy them. 

While my chapter at Agua Fria is coming to a close at the end of the year, I’m honestly terrified to move on. High school has been such a big part of my life that I can’t see myself doing anything but high school. I’m scared to live on a college campus alone but I think (and hope) I will survive. Whatever the future holds I am ready. I am ready to start the next chapter of my weird and awesome book of life.