Staff Goodbye: Making a New Owl Feel at Home

Photo credit: Ms. Ramsbacher

Sarah Ramsbacher, AFHS Psychology Teacher

Seniors of 2022,

You did it! What an exciting time filled with emotions. You should be so proud of how far you have made it and the work you have put in to reach this point. Please know how proud I am of you all as you move on to your next adventure! 

As many of you know, this is my first year at Agua Fria. Although I haven’t been here long, I feel so much love towards our school and the people here and that is because of you all. 

I cannot thank you enough for the warm welcome I was given. I remember walking into my first senior advisory where students shared the things I should know about Agua Fria. The willingness to talk, the patience to show me around, and the kindness of each person is something I will never forget. From sharing psychology memes, photos of pets, and just conversations, you always brighten my day. 

It has been a difficult year for many people. There are personal struggles, coming back to in-person learning, and more. You all were also tasked with the big responsibility of resetting the culture on campus after the strange pandemic years and online learning. 

You have done a fantastic job. There are students going to each other’s games, plays, and concerts. I have seen students stop to help each other, offer a ride home, tutor, and volunteer. These little things often go unnoticed, but it makes Agua Fria the special place that it is. 

You are all remarkable people and have so much potential. Follow your passions, stay curious, and be kind. These are things that I already see daily, but the world needs a lot more of. I could not imagine sending off a better group of people to go on and do this. 

Keep working hard and stick to your goals. Push yourself, but don’t be afraid to reach out for help and lean on others. You will have such a positive impact on the world after graduation. 

I feel so lucky to have gotten the opportunity to teach, coach, or even just get to know you. Congratulations! 

Love, 

Ms. Rams