Sam Rowles

As the class of 2026 enter Agua Fria, new personalities and people come into our campus. Many of these freshmen came into our Journalism class and made our class fun and thrilling. One person specifically...

Photo credit: Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

Here at Agua Fria, there are many types of students with so much to say. But rather than focusing on one person, let’s focus on first-year student Gavin Sanchez. As a fellow Agua Fria High School...

66 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    81 °
    82 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    78 °
    75 °
    73 °
    70 °
    69 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    60 °
    61 °
    62 °
84°/ 63°
76°/ 59°
73°/ 53°
82°/ 58°
89°/ 66°
93°/ 71°

Owl Feed Multimedia Journalist – Oumou Bah

Hi, I am Oumou Bah and I am a senior this year, Class of 2016! I was born and raised in Conakry, Guinea, I was 6 years old. Afterwards, I traveled to Portugal and New York before arriving to the desert called Arizona, with my wonderful mother and older brother and sister.

Growing up I struggled to learn English and absolutely hated the fact that I moved away from my family and friends and the one place I called home. However, after three years of moving to Arizona I became accustomed to the new culture and started to form friendships that I continue to have to this day. As for my English, I have to say I’m pretty proud of myself and can officially add it as my third language: first being Pulaar, my home language, and second being French, the language spoken in school back in Guinea. Next goal is to learn Arabic. Help me!

As a student at Agua Fria, I am glad to know that when I look back to my high school experience, I will be extremely proud to know that I was highly involved. As of right now I am student body secretary and Health Occupation Students of America secretary, and I am also part of Interact and hope to join Improv and National Honor Society. Agua Fria is an amazing school where everybody is united despite their backgrounds and accepting of diversity. I honestly could not imagine going anywhere else in the world.

I am looking forward to see how far journalism will go and hope that as your OwlFeed journalist, I keep you informed in everything to do with Agua Fria and updated on as much news as possible.

Look out for me on Twitter: @OwlOumou and remember to show that Owl Pride!

#BeAnOwl