Evan Peters starring in “The Jeffrey Dahmer Story”

Photo Credit: www.etsy.com

Elyssiah Vargas, OwlFeed Lifestyle Reporter

The actor Evan Peters, most known for his iconic roles in American Horror Story, is now starring in the new Netflix series “The Jeffrey Dahmer Story”. So for those of you who don’t know who Jeffery Dahmer is, he was a notorious serial killer who committed crimes from 1978 to 1991. He murdered and dismembered seventeen men and boys until 1991 when he was caught. 

Dahmer was caught when one of his victims Tracy Edwards was found running down the street in handcuffs. Tracy had told the officers that Dahmer had taken him to his apartment and threatened to take his life. At first, they doubted his story until they went to Dahmer’s apartment along with Tracy. Dahmer explained that it was all a misunderstanding, the police believed him until they saw graphic polaroid photos of his victims dismembered. Dahmer was arrested straight after.

This isn’t the first time that Evan had to play a villainous or evil character, as he also played Tate Lagndon, Kai Anderson, and James Partrick March. Tate Lagndon is one of his most known characters Peters played from American Horror Story. Lagndon was an unstable 17-year-old murderer and school shooter who had sexually assaulted his lover’s mother, resulting in her being pregnant and dying while giving birth. Kai Anderson, another character Evan played from American Horror Story was a manipulative cult leader, and finally, James Patrick March was a murderer whose killings followed the ten commandements. 

But Evan had stated, that portraying Jeffrey Dahmer was one of his hardest roles to play. An article, written by Samantha Olson an editorial assistant at www.seventeen.com, wrote what Evan claims about his new role. “Honestly, I was very scared about all the things that he did and diving into that.” In order to play the role Evan studied Jeffrey Dahmer by doing things such as listening to old recordings of Dahmers conversations, and his confession and he even got Dahmer’s voice characteristics down. In another article by extratv.com, Evan stated that “The way he is speaking is very candid and very normal… It was so jaw-dropping that it all really happened. It felt important to be respectful to the victims, to the victims’ families to try to tell the story as authentically as we could.” 

In fact, a lot of people didn’t even know of Dahmer and what he did till the recent Netflix show.  Evianna Wright,  A student from Agua Fria Highschool stated that “I never really knew of Jeffrey Dahmer, I knew he was a serial killer and had done awful things but didn’t know he had ate their organs,  and that they were all guys, and mostly black, Asian or Latino men or even boys. I am so disgusted.” After hearing how the police didn’t do much, she stated, “I think the system is rigged, I’m not surprised that that happened. Sadly that is the world we live in now.”

Currently, The Jeffrey Dahmer story is one of the most popular in the top 10 shows in the U.S. today on Netflix. The show accurately shows how the events went down and portrays Dahmer well. Now it is your turn, to watch the horrific actions of Dahmer yourself.