Is Blue Lock Real?

Photo Credit: www.pexels.com

De’Adrian Samuel, OwlFeed Sports Reporter

Blue Lock is real; the World Cup proved it as such, and pretty much everyone has been locked in for FIFA 2022. In only a short time, many upsets have taken the soccer fandom by surprise. Ultimately, Japan made an impressive comeback against Germany, the team which most people favored to win in this World Cup game. As a result of Japan’s surprising victory against Germany, the world is eyeing Blue Lock with a feeling of reverential respect mixed with a pinch of wonder. Ever since this game, Blue Lock began taking over the internet alongside Japan’s national soccer team. 

Japan was able to comeback against Germany, thanks to their players, as they were losing 1 to 0 in the first half of the game. After halftime and the teams had returned to the field, their egos grew stronger because of the Blue Lock Project, and ended the game with a score of 1 to 2. After Japan won, the outcome obviously came as a surprise and stunned a lot of people. As a result, Blue Lock was recognized and brought to the center stage. This success is all thanks to Project Blue Lock and how it helped the Japanese team get to win. After all, the creator of Blue Lock contributed to Japan’s team this year with a special gift: creators Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Yusuke Nomura created the jersey design for Japan’s 2022 FIFA run. Now the jerseys are blowing up on the internet because they’re the same jerseys characters’ in Blue Lock wore in their Japan U-20 game. Now the jerseys will go down in history, alongside the Japanese national team if they continue to do as well as they are now. 

Photo Credit: commons.wikimedia.org

For the people who don’t know what Blue Lock is, Guildmv explains it by stating, “After reflecting on the current state of Japanese soccer, the Japanese Football Association decides to hire the enigmatic and eccentric coach Jinpachi Ego to achieve their dream of winning the World Cup. Believing that Japan has lacked an egoistic striker hungry for goals, Jinpachi initiates the Blue Lock, a prison-like facility where three hundred talented strikers from high schools all over Japan are isolated and pitted against each other. The sole survivor of Blue Lock will earn the right to become the national team’s striker, and those who are defeated shall be banned from joining the team forever.”Selected to join this risky project is Yoichi Isagi, a striker who failed to bring his high school soccer team to the national tournament. After choosing to pass to a teammate who missed instead of scoring on his own, he could not help but wonder if the results would have been different had he been more selfish. After the game, he was a bit angry with himself for not tracking the shot. Using this almost-perfect opportunity given by the Blue Lock Project, Yoichi aims to clear his doubts and chase his ultimate desire to become the greatest striker in the world and lead Japan to World Cup glory. A Blue Lock character said, “A striker who chokes in front of the goal simply doesn’t have what it takes to be one.” Japan did a good job of not choking in front of the goal and staying relentless throughout the entire game. Also after the game, the manga for Blue Lock was sold swiftly alongside the Blue Lock jerseys, which the Japanese national team wore during the game against Germany. This victory caused a lot of good things as well as upsets, but it was a great game overall and both teams played really hard. 

The comparisons of Blue Lock and Japan’s national team are still currently trending as the show continues.