Photo credit: Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

Here at Agua Fria, there are many types of students with so much to say. But rather than focusing on one person, let’s focus on first-year student Gavin Sanchez. As a fellow Agua Fria High School...

107 °
    108 °
    108 °
    106 °
    104 °
    101 °
    98 °
    95 °
    93 °
    91 °
    91 °
    90 °
    89 °
    88 °
    87 °
    88 °
    90 °
    92 °
    95 °
    97 °
    100 °
    103 °
    105 °
    107 °
    108 °
July 17
109°/ 85°
July 18
109°/ 86°
July 19
111°/ 87°
July 20
111°/ 87°
July 21
108°/ 88°
July 22
107°/ 85°

Lilianna Gomez: A Pleasure to Be Around!

Lilianna Gomez
Lilianna and her Dog

With just a few more days until the 2024 seniors graduate, Lilliana Gomez, a senior at Agua Fria high school and a future architect has worked hard. Lilly’s hard work has been dedicated to becoming representative of the student council and captain of the varsity tennis team. Outside of school Lilly’s hobbies are hanging out with friends, going to the gym with them & eating out, she likes music, any genre, shopping with her mom, being with family & her dog Marley who was named after bob marley. Lily got Marley 2 years ago in her sophomore year. 

Lilianna holding her graduation cap (Lilianna Gomez)

Freshman year was covid year with that being said their schedule was called hybrid that means she went to school monday & thursday then she’d be online tuesday & friday, but that didn’t stop her from still doing some sports she enjoyed like badminton. Her sophomore year she joined an ace program and was more into tennis but also focused more on joining clubs outside of school, with that program she was in for 2 years. She recently  graduated from EMCC and earned 24 college credits through that program. Junior and senior year is when Lily brought up the courage to start joining clubs in school, those being link crew and student council along with nhs.

Lilianna and her friends (Lilianna Gomez)

Lilly wishes she took more AP classes and joined different classes for more opportunities for other clubs but Ms. Rams really influenced her; she says “she was really bright, spirited, always happy, and just always encouraging in class”. Now with her school year coming to an end, lily will definitely miss the teachers here at Agua Fria, including Ms. Rams and she definitely will miss her being the tennis coach as well. Lilly’s highschool experience was really good and her advice to you all, she says “ I would definitely recommend joining more clubs as it allows you to be more outgoing and meet people you wouldn’t normally meet.. I think stuco is a really great way to be more involved and also have small talk because you want those connections when you’re older and you wanna meet as many people as you can in high school so you’ll have those connections in college because you both can help each other.” 

Lilly and her friends in prom dresses (Lilianna Gomez)

In the future, Lilly is planning to attend ASU in the fall and study architecture for 4 years and take electives more about music. She then will do an internship where she then can practice doing architecture to start her career. Lilly has come a long way into success, she will be missed by all and we hope all goes well for her.